COD2 - A potentially stupid question

~J~

~J~

Soldato
I *may* make a pratt of myself asking this, but seeing as I can hide my shame behind the computer screen, here goes...

In COD2, you've a lot of "Die you jerry *****", "Take that you German ******", "Fritz to the left", "Well done lads, we showed those ******".

Now, in Germany, do they play this game or is it frowned upon? Has the language been changed to "Die you British ******" etc, and of course do the uniforms change so the gray uniforms of the Germans are the Khaki of the British?

I'm curious... :confused:

Caporegime
No, they play the same game as us. If it said "Die British ******" they would be teamkillers.

The game is made to be played from the Allies POV, not the Axis.

~J~

~J~

Soldato
OP
Ahhh, cheers, was always curious over it, and of course whether it was a big seller or not. I know it's kinda opening a can of worms that shouldn't really be opened, but it's just one of those questions where I couldn't find an answer.

Cheers anyway.

Soldato
Kronologic said:
I would assume they say the word "Nazi" in the german version.

As far as I'm aware to release a game in Germany you're not legally allowed to have any references to Nazism, i.e. the swastica etc. That's why Activision decided not to even bother making the changes needed to release Castle Wolfenstein over there.

Soldato
Not much different to us playing for the MEC in BF2 really.

I wish you could turn the language off though - I tend to play early evening when the kids are up and the mrs gave me a right earful for those phrases coming out of TV!

Soldato
smcshaw said:
As far as I'm aware to release a game in Germany you're not legally allowed to have any references to Nazism, i.e. the swastica etc. That's why Activision decided not to even bother making the changes needed to release Castle Wolfenstein over there.
And no blood and realistic killings, zombies with geen blood = okay, humans with red bood = no way

Back
Top Bottom