What is the quietest psu you can buy?

Associate
Soory for the silly post above i shrunk the size of it. Is weird but i dont like a room that is totally silent . I get this awfull feeling that im really alone . of course when sleeping the quiter it is the better. A 20 db fan if the PC is in a well carpet and drapes or curtains plus soft furniture and location of pc you might not even get 10 db from it. Maybe less. God i should had been in bed . long day ahead of me still. its lunch time in the UK .

Last edited:
Soldato
Antec Phantom 500. Totally silent PSU. It has a 60mm fan but even on full load you can hardly hear it with your ear pressed next to it! The entire PSU is one massive heatsink so it absorbs a lot of hot case air as well to further lower temps.

Antec Phantom 500W Hybrid Fan Silent ATX2.0 PSU (CA-036-AN)
Building upon the technology that made our revolutionary Phantom 350 power supply totally silent, the Phantom 500 with Antec's new Hybrid Fan technology, provides awesome power while continuing to offer the user an extremely quiet computing environment. Phantom 500 operates completely silently until its internal temperature reaches a user selected temperature, whereupon the fan turns on to balance high power performance with quiet computing.

- ATX12V version 2.01 compliant
- Dual +12V outputs
- Hybrid fan design
- Exceptional power efficiency up to 86% at full load
- 4 Serial ATA power connectors
- PCI-E graphic card power connector
- Fanless operation for absolutely silent computing. Three user selectable fan kick-in points for quiet computing under higher loads
- Specially designed internal heatsinks and chassis heatsink for maximum heat dissipation
Price: £94.95 (£111.57 Including VAT at 17.5%)

Associate
Mr Huddy said:
Seasonic 600 for the win.. but I hate the cables.. Why they didn't make this modular i'll never know.

Yes I agree Fantastic PSU , Whisper quiet , Naff cabling .

You can of course buy some nice kits these days and DIY however its rather disappointing to see unsheathed cabling in a PSU of this quality.

Associate
I had an Antec TrueBlue 480W, and TruePower 430W before that. Both were really quiet, almost to the point of silence, but due to upgrading I needed a better PSU, and bought the Hiper Type-R 580W due to it's modular design and looks... it sounds like a vacuum cleaner in comparison :(

Back
Top Bottom