Car Giant - can you barter?

Soldato
Hi all,

Has anyone had any experience of Car Giant/any of its clones? I'm planning on buying a 330d/530d this weekend and was wondering if the stated price is what you pay? Can anyone recommend any good alternatives, I would rather buy trade than private.

Many thanks in advance,

Nick

Soldato
Be carefull my brother works for Scania Uk and they do the car transporters for one of those type places(cant remember which one). Anyway one of the drivers he was talking to said he transports loads of damaged cars(not right offs) that they buy on the cheap from leasing companies etc. to bodyshops then when repaired they go out on the forecourts without any mention of repairs being carried out.

Soldato
Dandle said:
Be carefull my brother works for Scania Uk and they do the car transporters for one of those type places(cant remember which one). Anyway one of the drivers he was talking to said he transports loads of damaged cars(not right offs) that they buy on the cheap from leasing companies etc. to bodyshops then when repaired they go out on the forecourts without any mention of repairs being carried out.

Can't see the problem with that - a bent panel or two means nothing.

I've seen cars come out of good quality accident repair places in better condition than they left the factory in.

Associate
You can't barter with Cargiant, its in their information/website. Lots of cars to choose from tho. The price on the window is the final price, you dont get car mats/tax/anything.

Associate
NickXX said:
Hi all,

Has anyone had any experience of Car Giant/any of its clones? I'm planning on buying a 330d/530d this weekend and was wondering if the stated price is what you pay? Can anyone recommend any good alternatives, I would rather buy trade than private.

Many thanks in advance,

Nick

Forget Car Giant, I went to the one in Thurrock a few years ago and they were VERY pushy, I had to almost threaten the bloke to let me out of the place!
Depending on your location I can recommend this place for BMW's linky

Soldato
merlin said:
Can't see the problem with that - a bent panel or two means nothing.

I've seen cars come out of good quality accident repair places in better condition than they left the factory in.

With the number of cars he was talking about I dont think quality was much of a priority and i dont think they are paying top dollar for the repairs either. Although I agree a well repaired car is nearly as good as one that hasnt had a wack.

Soldato
I would barter whether they will budge or not. Its your money and tbh if it was me, no discount would mean no sale - end of. Don't car if they can shift a dozen versions of the car I want in a day, if they don't play ball with me they can sell the car to someone else.

I've walked out of a dealership before over the simple fact they wouldn't throw in 6 months tax. They rang within an hour to say they would - I told them I'd purchased elsewhere.

Soldato
yeah theres always a hefty margin on cars no matter where you buy :)

my ford staff discount is 30% off RRP just to give you an indicatior

Soldato
Just spoke to my brother, the driver he spoke to worked for carland and he said to him that he spends every day picking motors up from bodyshops and taking them to carland. He topped it of by saying he would never buy anything from them, the people they want are people that need credit and don't know a lot about cars.

Associate
Carland is a DUMP. I saw the salesman ragging around car, bunch of asbolute morons. Cargiant is a good place in all honesty, the car you get is checked over and recently serviced (bring a mechanic just to be sure tho).

Associate
A friend of mine got an A3 Quattro last weekend from Carland. Think the price he paid was a little lower than normal dealers (£9k, 80K, 52reg) but he did say they were quite pushy.

I was however suprised to hear they let him drive away without any tax on the screen!!!! But lets not open that can of worms again :p

Associate
Sorry, I am getting confused between Carland and CarGiant. Carland is a national chain I think where CarGiant is the huge place at White City in West London.
Carland is the place I had a bad experience at, avoid like the plague.

Back
Top Bottom