• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The current AGP situation - Availability and whats coming.....

Soldato
HangTime said:
Personally if it was that simply a choice I'd go with the pci-e board and 7800GT. It's significantly faster than the 7800GS and you should also be getting a better mobo than your existing one (I would hope....). Furthermore it would allow you to make a simple PCI-E replacement in the future should you feel the need.

i think a few of the people getting this card thought of a compleate suystem upgrade. i know i did i was so close to ordering the amd based sli shuttle (not much room for a full tower) and pci-e card. in the end i think its better on my wallet to just get this and stick with 75g2 shuttle. atleast until dx10 and compatible cards come out.

gibbo any idea how silent the stock hs is on this?

Last edited:
Soldato
mine has just been delivered, only thing i dont like is one dvi and one vga:/ thought these were dual dvi so thought would be ideal to runn a 2405fpw and 3007fpw together. ah well

shall get round to installing when i get back home after 9pm

Last edited:
Soldato
Yaka said:
mine has just been delivered, only thing i dont like is one dvi and one vga:/ thought these were dual dvi so thought would be ideal to runn a 2405fpw and 3007fpw together. ah well

shall get round to installing when i get back home after 9pm

Might be a bit of a challenge mate, apparently they're shipping today. Or is RMSD getting faster these days? :D

Gibbo said:
Yes already in stock and we have plenty so they ship tomorrow.

^ Posted yesterday.

Soldato
I was considering this... But when i looked into it you can get a Asus Mobo and 7800GT for little more...

But good upgrade for those that dont want the hassle... Me personally... Well i dont mind any more really... Changing the mobo means i can clean out my system of dust... And it needs it... ;)

Caporegime
Obviously the lifetime warranty does mean that, false advertising if they didn't honour it as AGP is dead, and they'd be in a lot of hot water no doubt, but if its BFG then you know it is what is says a lifetime warranty, so they would have to replace it with a card of equal, or if not a better specification, and BFG will do. :)

Soldato
Sorry if this has been stated before (A quick sweep of the thread later)..

Is the 7800gs agp definately a single slot card? Shuttle sn45 friendly?

Actually, Hmm, would the PSU handle this card? (My current xfx6600gt works fine on the silentx-250 but this...)

(if so, bye bye 6600gt)

Cheers, Paul.

Last edited:
OcUK Staff
OP
darkgen said:
Sorry if this has been stated before (A quick sweep of the thread later)..

Is the 7800gs agp definately a single slot card? Shuttle sn45 friendly?

Actually, Hmm, would the PSU handle this card? (My current xfx6600gt works fine on the silentx-250 but this...)

(if so, bye bye 6600gt)

Cheers, Paul.

It is single slot. :)

Associate
I was wondering will my ATX-400 400w PSU with 18A on the +12V rail be enough to power the 7800GS card?

I have a Athlon 3200+ XP, 2 sticks of 512MB, 2 hard drives, DVD-RW, CD-RW, 5 fans.

Soldato
ok just got round to isntalling this, word of advice the latest drivers from nvidia.com wont install with this gfx card i had to use the one on the bfg install disc.

heat sink is quiter than the 6800gt one but slightly louder than the arctic cooler NV5

Associate
Hi Guys,

I know that a lot of you have been discussing the NVIDIA cards but I wonder if I can interpupt and ask if OCUK have any idea when the:
PowerColor ATI Radeon X850 XT 256MB DDR3 VIVO TV-Out/DVI (AGP) - Retail (GX-058-PC)
will be in stock?

I have it on Pre-Order but wondered, that if it will be a few months, if I would get something else - if something else faster exists (NVIDIA 7800?)? (I am doing a smallish upgrade before moving to PCI-E and AM2 probably next year).

Cheers.

Last edited:
Soldato
Sunstealer said:
Hi Guys,

I know that a lot of you have been discussing the NVIDIA cards but I wonder if I can interpupt and ask if OCUK have any idea when the:
PowerColor ATI Radeon X850 XT 256MB DDR3 VIVO TV-Out/DVI (AGP) - Retail (GX-058-PC)
will be in stock?

I have it on Pre-Order but wondered, that if it will be a few months, if I would get something else - if something else faster exists (NVIDIA 7800?)? (I am doing a smallish upgrade before moving to PCI-E and AM2 probably next year).

Cheers.
Send OcUk a webnote & they will likely reply with info you need.

Besides the 7800GS doesnt look that great - especially if its more expensive.

Read the reviews on these sites to see yourself...
7800GS = "It keeps up with the GeForce 6800 GT and even (not produced anymore) Ultra in most test." from http://www.guru3d.com

& "the X850 XTPE is generally faster than the new NVIDIA part" from http://www.anandtech.com

Back
Top Bottom