• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

OMFG STOP PRESS – X1800XT PERFORMANCE EDITION AVAILABLE

Soldato
"STOP PRESS – X1800XT PERFORMANCE EDITION AVAILABLE
Feb 3rd, 2006-Sapphire just announced a Performance Edition of the top of the range RADEON X1800XT - a preoverclocked version which will deliver stunning performance with its 512MB DDR3 and raised clock speeds of 700MHz core and 800Mhz memory (=1600MHz data rate!) "

This is taken from Sapphire's own website and announced oh say today ;) so maybe the bios change is okay after all guys!

Strange they are releasing these cards after all the x1900xtx is now out! Must be trying to get rid of stock with the new bios attached :S

http://www.sapphiretech.com/en/media/pressview.php?pid=29

Caporegime
Very odd x1800's are no longer in production. :confused:

There was talk a while ago of a PE, but it was canned, Gibbo got a load of the Asus one in, but they all had to go back as they were all dying.

Soldato
OP
yeha and its not even april 1st so not a made up news segment ;) haha!

I guess they have some stockpiles to get rid of!

Oh yeha I found the bios off some german site ;) but would like to get it off an english one haha!

Associate
bet they have slaped a x1800xt chip on a x1900 pcb to take advantage of the extra mosfet power regulator

I think this was mentioned in a thread regarding oc a x1800xt that you would shorten its life ;) if it did not have better power regulation

Associate
can someone go through this step by step? I checked the link and some folk seem to be saying you have to clock the card down to 500/500 before flashing or you may bork the card???

What do I need to use to drop the speeds to 500/500? I have 6 mosfets on my card, it's a sapphire x1800xt, and I can run with it maxed on atitool with both sliders at max, ie: 690/800 with no artifacts.

I'm currently using the stock cooler and get up to about 72C after a run of 3dmark2005. Is there a program I can use to up the clock speed without flashing? I have a zalman vf700 which I 'm going to plonk on the card..

Someone tell me step by step what I should do.. TY :D

PS: I take it the pe bios is named this: S3A5200A.103

Back
Top Bottom