• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

X1900xtx temps

Associate
Hi I got this card last night(saphire one) Im using modified omega drivers. In windows my temps are 86 idle. Played Fear for about 5 mins came out and the temp was a 102. These seem a little too high. Also counter strike crashes other games seems fine. Anyone esle getting thses temps??

Associate
OP
The temps are in C. I think the fans working I can hear it getting louder as I play. I have got a 460 watt psu its a good one but im wondering if its not powerful enough Ive recently ordered a 550watt antec. I did use the drivers that came with it5.13 but I kept having crashes in all games.

Soldato
Dirkscooby said:
The temps are in C. I think the fans working I can hear it getting louder as I play. I have got a 460 watt psu its a good one but im wondering if its not powerful enough Ive recently ordered a 550watt antec. I did use the drivers that came with it5.13 but I kept having crashes in all games.

The psu is fine m8. Its crashing because it probably overheating. Try manually setting the fan to max and see if it crashes. Temps should come down too and should be well below my temps in the previous post.

Associate
Whats the case temp? and whats the airflow like from your bottom front fan to your expansion cards? i currently have a HIS x1900XT-X and its running off a 500w and my case is a TJ05 with a 120mm blowing through the hard drives to the x1900 but from the top of the card (side of the case) there is also 2 80mm blowing down onto the card so my current temps are 45c idle 65-75c ingames (depends on the game as to the temp i get between that) and an overall case temp of 20-25c, but maybe thats your problem you do not have a proper airflow to let the card keep cool or to atleast pass cool air through the card.

**All i know my current problem is when i change the requested overclock for 3D apps to 690/800 i dont get any better FPS and the Temp never gets higher so i got this horrid feeling my card doesnt overclock past 504/594 :confused:**

I managed to see it overclocked for 689/798 and a temp of 72c and in the CSS video stress test i had a min fps of 90 and a max of 296 with an average of 148 so maybe it does overclock not that ive noticed a lot of difference though lol. Thats with 1600x1200 all on high 16x AF 6x AA HDR on full.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Hi Thanks for the help. I have fixed the problem. NUmpty that I am, when installed the card its dual slot,.forgot to take the back cover off of the second slot so the exhust of the card was covered up.:S Now sitting at a nice 50c in widows. Just hope I havent done the card permanent damage.CS now workss
Thanks again for the help.

Associate
Dirkscooby said:
Hi Thanks for the help. I have fixed the problem. NUmpty that I am, when installed the card its dual slot,.forgot to take the back cover off of the second slot so the exhust of the card was covered up.:S Now sitting at a nice 50c in widows. Just hope I havent done the card permanent damage.CS now workss
Thanks again for the help.

hehe, we all make mistakes hopefully it wont have caused any damage

Associate
Dirkscooby said:
Hi I got this card last night(saphire one) Im using modified omega drivers. In windows my temps are 86 idle. Played Fear for about 5 mins came out and the temp was a 102. These seem a little too high. Also counter strike crashes other games seems fine. Anyone esle getting thses temps??

hi- i had the same trouble the temp was 54 c idel & running 3dmark 06

the temp went upto 88c 90c odd

too much & the noise of the fan ...so i mod me 6800gt /7800 gt vga waterblock

idel temp now 28 -30c
on load 58 -61c

the first game i installed on me system after upgrading
was quake 4
starting the game up was fine ..it was already automatic set to ultra q setting
but when loading up the intro the game exits & goes back to desktop
it play ok on the next setting down on quality
& the anti 2x -8x dont work?

Last edited:
Soldato
Darren_uk said:
hi- i had the same trouble the temp was 54 c idel & running 3dmark 06

the temp went upto 88c 90c odd

too much & the noise of the fan ...so i mod me 6800gt /7800 gt vga waterblock

idel temp now 28 -30c
on load 58 -61c

the first game i installed on me system after upgrading
was quake 4
starting the game up was fine ..it was already automatic set to ultra q setting
but when loading up the intro the game exits & goes back to desktop
it play ok on the next setting down on quality
& the anti 2x -8x dont work?

There's a bug with the driver with the x18/19 in quake on the max setting which uses the 512MB of ram on the card. Just knock it down 1 you cant really tell any way.

Associate
The Asgard said:
There's a bug with the driver with the x18/19 in quake on the max setting which uses the 512MB of ram on the card. Just knock it down 1 you cant really tell any way.

ah-thanx for that.
if only ati got there drivers out as fast as nvidia ..

Back
Top Bottom