Label mistake wtf????

Permabanned
ok i just bought what i thought was a 300GB mator diamond max 10 HD but when i got it fitted and went into my computer it showed up as a 140GB maxtor 6 HD i mean wtf i opened up my case and checked what it said on the sticker on the top and it says 300GB maxtor... i mean wtf??? i have contacted the guy i got it of and he will try to get me a replacement...is this a common fault or what?

Permabanned
You need at least SP1 for XP to see over 137gig, is your copy of XP slipstreamed so its sp1 at install, if not your not going to install windows to that new hdd as primary, Id advise if your on plain XP you slipstream it to SP2.

Permabanned
OP
but it is showing up as a completely different series of hard disk its showing up as series 6 instead of diamond max even my mate who custom builts computers agrees its a completely wrong hard disk

Associate
ok i just bought what i thought was a 300GB mator diamond max 10 HD but when i got it fitted and went into my computer it showed up as a 140GB maxtor 6 HD i mean wtf i opened up my case and checked what it said on the sticker on the top and it says 300GB maxtor... i mean wtf??? i have contacted the guy i got it of and he will try to get me a replacement...is this a common fault or what?

Im sure if you just installed SP2 then everything would be fine. I don't know if this helps but my Maxtor 300GB drive shows up as Maxtor 6B300S0, if this is where you getting your 6 series from, then your getting your information from the wrong place........in which case you probably owe the original seller an apology............on the other hand if he tried to pull a fast one, then you owe him a slap.

Definetely get SP2 installed first.

Edit - Im pretty sure that maxtor never offered a 140GB 6 series harddrive, given the facts so far, im 99% sure its just your operating system and the drive is ok.

Back
Top Bottom