nod32

Associate
ThreatSense is the only module of the program that threatens the Data Protection Act. So in a corporate setup why not just deactivate it and be done with all these DPA worries?

Dennisthemenace said:
That part breaks the Data Protection Act, it's illegal. I don't know how to put it any stronger without lowering myself to the same level of communictation as SiriusB. They may bypass word and excel extensions, but most companies use their own database programs with their own extensions. Have a look at the computer the next time you go into a shop, the database and finance software will be unknown to you. It doesn't matter wether they take good care of the information, the act of permitting the upload is 100% illegal and can get a person or employee using the company network into serious trouble should it get noticed.

Or, if you were to leave ThreatSense on - companies use their own programs with their own file extensions; the same companies usually have IT administrators to update the file extension filters to avoid these additional file types.

Dennisthemenace said:
...Replace Norton with NOD32 and those few became a lynch mob throwing insult after insult, ...

Sounds like something John Bunnell would say on the police chase videos :D Just kidding. But you did exaggerate that a bit.

Associate
I think it's like me employing you as a decorator, and give you the option to burgle the house afterwards. With the EULA i'm giving you permission to use the program, with the option to upload the corporate stuff at any time in the future. In a corporate setup like a bank for example, you'll have access to the more sensitive areas of the banks mainframe, and will have the bank security software installed to do it. If the bank found out what the agreement and options contained, they would probably remove the entry password, and block the network connection. With bank managers they will have a mainframe connection, and there are thousands of them. With so many sods law will apply, and sods law says someone somewhere will screw it up. If the bank did nothing, then there is a risk of a security breach in which sensative data could be uploaded.

The option in the EULA is an option to burgle sensative work you have downloaded. It's an option to rob the bank of data. It's not that you'll do it, it's that you would have taken up the option to do it

Last edited:
Soldato
OK, I have taken it upon myself to post on the Wilders Security forums since I feel the people on there will provide a definitive answer on the issue.

Dennis, I have to agree with the others when they say you have been rather hostile in your posts and I realise you felt you had no choice. However, I think you should take people's "insults" far less seriously. I can't be sure, but I don't think anyone set out to really insult you.

Tis the internet. You should chill out a little. Even if someone really was insulting you who cares eh?

:D

SiriusB

JEB

JEB

Associate
Caged said:
JIs your humour detector broken or something, or did you uninstall it because it was uploading all your jokes to a central server and infringing on your privacy?

That's funny, and P.S I love NOD32 and I'm a bit like the others - I can't see the proof of what looks like a one-man theory being for real. I remain to be convinced I'm afraid.

Soldato
NOD32 is the best AV I've used in a long long time. It updates itself with absolutely NO hassle at all which is so great in comparison with the tat like Nortons/Mcafee which spams a million messages a day :p

Also the customer service is great too. I asked a question on the PSP trojan virus that was going around a while ago, and they replied within 2 hours to let me know that it wasnt that easy to get, and that they'd be including some sort of detection in the next definition update.

Brilliant AV package.

Soldato
Hi

Hi there I also use to use Nortons ,but when i updated my system i went for NOD32 i haven,t looked back ! it updates automatic,runs in the background ,uses very little memory ,and is quite simply the best out there ! as i am typing this it has just updated itself ,and the little bubble thing has told me i,m up to date great or what ... ;)

Back
Top Bottom