Starting Wow afresh on new server - tips

Soldato
Im starting wow afresh after not playing it for months and months, i dont feel like dropping back in with my level 34 hunter, i got bored. Whats the most exciting class to play with?

Are there any guilds to hook up with from the forums on the new servers yet? And does anyone fancy starting over at the weekend?

Hitman
Permabanned
It really depends on what you enjoy playing. If you like having a pet, then maybe try a warlock. If you want to do more damage then try a shaman. I really enjoyed playing a mage, but it is all about personal preferance.

dun

dun

Soldato
loving my druid atm, level 52 almost 53 night elf. Play with my mate whos a 52 rogue and my other mate who just started up a 30 rogue. Nothing like triple invis action :p Thats on laughing skull btw

Soldato
I'd avoid a Priest unless you've got the backing of a good guild - Solo'ing is a nightmare. You'll never go short of a group though. I've just hit level 49 and its been a real chore so far...only doing it because my guild is lacking on healing.

I like my Rogue - almost got full shadowcraft kit, do massive damage and the whole sneaky-pickpocket thing is cool too.

Hitman
Permabanned
Matmulder said:
I'd avoid a Priest unless you've got the backing of a good guild - Solo'ing is a nightmare. You'll never go short of a group though. I've just hit level 49 and its been a real chore so far...only doing it because my guild is lacking on healing.

I like my Rogue - almost got full shadowcraft kit, do massive damage and the whole sneaky-pickpocket thing is cool too.

That's rubbish, priests are very easy to level.

Associate
Bracco said:
That's rubbish, priests are very easy to level.

I agree, i've had no problems lvling my shadow-spec priest. Also kickass in the battlegrounds...although I s'pose I should heal ;p

I recommend you join one of the new servers, check the WoW news. Jan 25th new UK servers were launched, persoanlly I wouldn't fancy playing on a server where the average lvl is 60.

Associate
Priest is very easy to lvl (was easier than my rogue), just shadow spec yourself to start with and you have no probs. Plus you never have any probs getting a group and a guild. :D

Soldato
If you go for a Priest, make sure you spend your first 5 points in spirit tap. That's one of the most important talents for levelling. It minimises your downtime massively.

Aside from that, Rogue is another easy class to level. Interesting and fun to play, you have numerous ways of starting a fight, and a lot of options with the different specs.

I found warlocks to be a really good class, but if you're fairly new to the game you might want to play something else before choosing a warlock. They are an extremely advanced class to play.

Soldato
Btw, Matmulder, respec your Priest as it is clear that you're either not shadow-specced, or you're doing something horribly wrong as levelling with a shadow priest is an utter breeze.

Then, when you fight mobs, open with a mind blast, shadow word:pain, mind flay, shield, mind flay, mind flay, wand til dead and then move onto your next mob. You'll very rarely have to drink to restore mana, and you'll find yourself laying down the pain very quickly on most mobs that you encounter. Quests or even grinding goes through like lightning.

Associate
If PvP is your thing then the best classes at the moment are Warrior, Rogue, Hunter and Warlock.

Personally I played a Paladin to lvl60, got bored and have now rolled a Warrior, which is very nice.

Associate
I've found it a lot easier and quicker to solo my Priest (currently lvl58), than my lvl60 Shaman was.....and the Shaman was pretty easy.

Associate
I started a mage on one server....got very bored easily.....then changed to another server and made a Warlock.....which is now at lvl 50......and is fun to play with sometimes.....but i now just stared a Rogue.

Associate
I have not played for about 9 months (was level thirty-something) and I am also contemplating starting again considering there has been sweet f.... all being released on the PC lately.

I hope to mostly solo as I did not really enjoy playing in groups even though it was not a problem finding a group for my priest. I just found the grouping in WOW not to be as enjoyable as in Everquest 2 due to the maturity (not age) of the community. I like the game world of WOW and would like to return.

Any recommendations for an easy powerful class for soloing. My name will be Maggot the Loner. I do not want to play a healer class as this is what I have always played.

I should also mention no PvP.

Soldato
Rogue's are good for soloing, but it becomes hard to find groups at the high-end unless you're in a good Guild that raids a lot.

Associate
I checked hunter out - looks interesting.

How do I reactivate my account - it been over 9 months and I checked with the community website and my email address is no longer valid. Do I just install the game and re-signup like the first time.

Soldato
OP
saguy, i found that i really didnt like hunter, it was fine at first, but its not that exciting, it felt like a grind after level 20, and i really want to get immersed again. I know your more prone to soloing, i am too for the same reasons (im 35, the kids bother me), if you want to team up a bit to speed up the early levels.

Associate
InwardSinging said:
saguy, i found that i really didnt like hunter, it was fine at first, but its not that exciting, it felt like a grind after level 20, and i really want to get immersed again. I know your more prone to soloing, i am too for the same reasons (im 35, the kids bother me), if you want to team up a bit to speed up the early levels.

I am 39 and for the obvious reasons I stopped playing even though I did enjoy the game. Teaming up sounds great. What server, faction would you suggest and what class - I am fairly open to suggestions - though I would like to play something other than a healer as this is what I played previously in WOW and EQ2. I would however like to play an interesting class.

Soldato
Spike_UK said:
If PvP is your thing then the best classes at the moment are Warrior, Rogue, Hunter and Warlock.

Personally I played a Paladin to lvl60, got bored and have now rolled a Warrior, which is very nice.

If PvP is your thing WoW isn't your game.

Pickpocket, so you can steal inventory from other players??

Back
Top Bottom