'Anti' Isalm cartoons....

Permabanned
i think that if dannish newspaper didnt know it would offend muslims and printed the cartoons and then once it realised its mistake it apologised. that should have been enough. (however if they did it on purpose then they are at fault. ) the other problem is that once everyone knew it would offend muslims, why did other newspapers print the cartoon?
it would be like someone printing something racist or whatever and then every other newspaper re-printing it to defend the first newspaper! theres freedom of speech then theres freedom of speech that doesnt cause offence!

i do want to hit each and every muslim that has participated in this tho! why? they claim themselves to be muslims, they "love" (apparently)their Prophet (pbuh) yet they dont do anything He (pbuh) has taught us/them?

Soldato
Freak_boy said:
i do want to hit each and every muslim that has participated in this tho! why? they claim themselves to be muslims, they "love" (apparently)their Prophet (pbuh) yet they dont do anything He (pbuh) has taught us/them?

If more Muslims were willing to take such a positive/fair attitude, it would be more salient not to cause offence - but I think a significant factor with the reprinting is not to cower to threats of violence...

Last edited:
Associate
@if ®afiq said:
I posted this article in SC, but thought I should here as well. It makes some very good points about all of this and how best to tackle it. IMO, this has nothing to do with "Free Speech".

Agree with what others have already posted. The analogies and comparisons made in this article simply do not work.

Soldato
Humpty said:
Agree with what others have already posted. The analogies and comparisons made in this article simply do not work.

Why not? On the one hand you there are laws against denying the Holocaust as it will hurt the Jews, but on the other it is OK to hurt the Muslims? Why not have Free Speech for all? Or have the same rules for all?

The article outlines an example of the picture of Sharon which caused outrage, granted not to this extent, but notheless there was a lot of stink kicked up about it. Here you have the leader of 2 billion Muslim's being depicted as a terrorist and all of a sudden there is Free Speech to defend.

Associate
To compare holocaust denial to these cartoons is crazy. One killed 6 million jews, the other offends religious sensibilities. There are some interesting side points in the article but as a whole the off balance comparisons only serve to make invalidate it.

Associate
I just saw item on TV.

One of the muslim protestors holding a sign "KILL THOSE WHO MOCK ISLAM". I mean talk about going overboard! This is the kind of attitude which makes me dislike muslims. Yes, strong statement and I know not all are like that. Too many extremists.

Soldato
Humpty said:
To compare holocaust denial to these cartoons is crazy. One killed 6 million jews, the other offends religious sensibilities. There are some interesting side points in the article but as a whole the off balance comparisons only serve to make invalidate it.

But doesn't the right to Holocaust denial come under Free Speech?

Aside from the Holocuast, there is the example of the picture of Sharon and all the anti-semitism fanfare that followed that.

Soldato
@if ®afiq said:
But doesn't the right to Holocaust denial come under Free Speech?

Aside from the Holocuast, there is the example of the picture of Sharon and all the anti-semitism fanfare that followed that.

You are right, and in the majority of European countries it is not a crime to deny the holocaust.

In Germany it is a crime, but it is also a crime to be a Nazi or to say "Heil Hitler" - as far as examining the holocaust is concerned it should fall under free speech...

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
There are numerous cartoons of Israelies being protrayed as violent killers and stereotypical Jews that are drawn by Middle Eastern Muslims. Yet they throw a hissy fit when cartoons are drawn about them.

TBH, I think the Middle East needs to realise that the rest of the world is not here to please them, and Ill probably get flamed for saying this but I think it is because they are so deeply religious.

Religion, IMO, is the bane of society. The sooner the world gets rid of reigion as a whole the better of the world will be.

Soldato
ants83 said:
islam is evil.

Not needed TBH - if you think Islam is evil, can you find something 'evil' that is associated with it that has not also been seen in various other parts of the world during times when Islam has not been involved?

Have you never seen a Muslim do a good deed? Are they prohibited from being Good?

If we want to be constructive about Islam we need to be frank and thorough about it, rather than branding it with meaningless terms such as 'evil'... we also need to place it in context and contrast of the negative aspects with the good

Soldato
"Fight those who do not believe in Allah...And the Jews say Ezra is the son of God; and the Christians say Christ is the son of God; these are the words of their mouths; they imitate the saying of those who disbelieved before; Allah's curse be on them; how they are turned away!" (Koran 9:29-30)

FIGHT THEM: ALLAH WILL PUNISH THEM BY YOUR HANDS AND BRING THEM TO DISGRACE, AND ASSIST YOU AGAINST THEM. (9:14

Now, anyone who associates thenselves with this are a disgrace.

Soldato
muslim extremists are pathetic.

they burn our flags and defile christian symbols etc and we just sit there and take it. Yet when something similar is done about their religion they go off on one. Lets just drop some bombs on them and tell them to shut the **** up :mad:

Associate
Exorcist said:
muslim extremists are pathetic.

they burn our flags and defile christian symbols etc and we just sit there and take it. Yet when something similar is done about their religion they go off on one. Lets just drop some bombs on them and tell them to shut the **** up :mad:

erm u dont sit there!

Permabanned
Stiff_Cookie said:
There are numerous cartoons of Israelies being protrayed as violent killers and stereotypical Jews that are drawn by Middle Eastern Muslims. Yet they throw a hissy fit when cartoons are drawn about them.

TBH, I think the Middle East needs to realise that the rest of the world is not here to please them, and Ill probably get flamed for saying this but I think it is because they are so deeply religious.

Religion, IMO, is the bane of society. The sooner the world gets rid of reigion as a whole the better of the world will be.

theres a difference! i cant believe someone said this after reading so many news articles/posts about this thing! issue isnt that tey have drawn a cartoon of us, its of our prophet! when middle eastern muslims draw cartoon its of people like you and me not of some holy person!

Permabanned
Humpty said:

it may be crazy, but just because cartoons of Prophet isnt much of an importance to you it is to us muslims.

Soldato
Freak_boy said:
theres a difference! i cant believe someone said this after reading so many news articles/posts about this thing! issue isnt that tey have drawn a cartoon of us, its of our prophet! when middle eastern muslims draw cartoon its of people like you and me not of some holy person!

He is only 'Holy' by your definition. To us he is a man.

Back
Top Bottom