A battlefield2 thread

Soldato
can anyone tell me what them tweaks were you could do to a file if you wanted higher than high graphics? :) pretty sure thats right anyway, just remember it from when it first came out

Associate
I've had an annoying problem with my last 2 XP reinstalls. I have a Creative X-Fi and on picking the X-Fi sound quality option in the Audio settings, it tells me my sound hardware is not compatible. This worked at one stage, but has stopped working after I reinstalled my machine. Is this a problem with BF2 or my sound drivers?

Soldato
5tephen said:
I've had an annoying problem with my last 2 XP reinstalls. I have a Creative X-Fi and on picking the X-Fi sound quality option in the Audio settings, it tells me my sound hardware is not compatible. This worked at one stage, but has stopped working after I reinstalled my machine. Is this a problem with BF2 or my sound drivers?

Are you switching to "Game Mode" before launching the game?

Associate
Phil99 said:
Are you switching to "Game Mode" before launching the game?

Good point. Will try that. I have mine set at Entertainment by default, I didn't think that having it switched to something other than 'Game' would make it incompatible; maybe slower but that's it :confused: Anyway I will be at that computer later this evening so I will give that a try then.
I'm fairly sure I've tried all combination of drivers possible, but I guess I can give that another look over...

Associate
Hi All,

I have now bought the game and expansion pack - 280mbs later fully patched up :)

So far it looks superb. Very polished indeed I am well impressed (probably should have bought it when it came out!!!)

I have a few noobie questions (I am running default controls) :-

When in game and I die can I change my class if so what key or option allows this?
If I die can I always be rez'd by a medic or do you have to do something to try to get a medics attention?
Does the sniper rifle have variable zoom when in scope mode?
Can you unlock night vision scopes?

Apologies for the most likely stupid noob questions - if there are good places to look for information / configurations etc could someone point me in the right direction.

The only negative (eek!) things so far appear to be

Mega slow loading of a level? It seems to stick for ages at 62%. I have an FX53, Raptors, X800XTPE so its not that slow a system. Also the graphics seem to struggle at 1600x1200 - lol perhaps that X1900XT is a calling me :D

Soldato
When in game and I die can I change my class if so what key or option allows this?

Yes, hit the caps lock key, it displays almost everything you need to control. Weapons, squads, teams etc. If your squad leaders. commander you can control your team from there too.

If I die can I always be rez'd by a medic or do you have to do something to try to get a medics attention?

As long as it says your critically injured you can be revived, if your killed then you have to respawn. You dont have to do anything to be allowed to be revived, although by clicking you mouse button you shout "MEDIC NEEDED" which might attract someones attention.

Does the sniper rifle have variable zoom when in scope mode?

No, not as far i know, but i dont snipe much so someone else could answer it better than me.

Can you unlock night vision scopes?

I think that will be in the special forces mod if its possible. Ive certainly never seen it in BF2.

Mega slow loading of a level?

Yes, mine takes a good 3 or 4 minutes to load. Generally if it hangs in the 60% range i think it means its optimizing the shaders for your game, it should only hang there if you change your graphics settings. It takes ages once its loaded and says varifying information for me.

Associate
1ofaKind said:
Mega slow loading of a level? It seems to stick for ages at 62%. I have an FX53, Raptors, X800XTPE so its not that slow a system. Also the graphics seem to struggle at 1600x1200 - lol perhaps that X1900XT is a calling me :D

Don't worry this is normal, if it is your first game or whenever you change graphics card, drivers or graphics settings. It will load a new set of textures in the cache.

You can check these in your bf2 folder in documents.

Back
Top Bottom