New MotoGP screens

Associate
Looks amazing. Photo realistic.

moto-gp-2006-20060203034052932.jpg

moto-gp-2006-20060203034052010.jpg

moto-gp-2006-20060203034048651.jpg

moto-gp-2006-20060203034053792.jpg

Soldato
I wouldnt go as far as saying photo-realistic, you can still tell straight away its a game, bit nevertheless they are very nice :)

Soldato
I just hope they aren't post-processed as that looks flipping sweet! Even if the game comes out looking half that good, it's definately on my to buy list.

Permabanned
I'm still not sure they look as *real* as Tourist Trophy for the PS2. Yes, before anyone says it, MotoGP will be much higher resolution and less blocky.

Soldato
dirtydog said:
I wouldn't be surprised if they are normal in-game shots, they don't look THAT ultra detailed to say otherwise.

But photomode on PGR3 doesnt add extra detail... does it?...

Either way, if you get that kind of focus distortion while actually racing i will die. Those pics hurt my eyes trying to focus the far away stuff.

Permabanned
gord said:
But photomode on PGR3 doesnt add extra detail... does it?...

Either way, if you get that kind of focus distortion while actually racing i will die. Those pics hurt my eyes trying to focus the far away stuff.

Erm I dunno what it does actually :p Is it just AA then?

The blurring looks like the depth of field thing you get in some games now (Colin McRae 2005 is one) - personally I'm not a fan of it either.

Soldato
dirtydog said:
I'm still not sure they look as *real* as Tourist Trophy for the PS2. Yes, before anyone says it, MotoGP will be much higher resolution and less blocky.

Tourist Trophy:
edited out image...hotlinking wasn't liked.

MotoGP
ss_preview_complain.jpg

It's hard to find decent shots to compare..but i do think the xbox game looks far better. And i'd imagine it'd be more evident when actually playing it.

Last edited:
Soldato
Yeh, but we know the PS2 wouldnt be able to produce that quality when you're playing...looks a lot like the photo mode thing from GT4.

I'm hoping that the xbox ones will be like in-game. Or we'll have another PGR3 thing.

Permabanned
Tried&Tested said:
Yeh, but we know the PS2 wouldnt be able to produce that quality when you're playing...looks a lot like the photo mode thing from GT4.

I'm hoping that the xbox ones will be like in-game. Or we'll have another PGR3 thing.

I did say above that the PS2 would be lower res and more blocky. I do think that Polyphony are perhaps the only developer to have cracked making games look lifelike though - whether it's the colours or the lighting, I can't put my finger on it but watching GT3/4 in motion - and by the looks of it, Tourist Trophy is the same - it looks uncannily lifelike.

The MotoGP shots look good but also look artificial and you wouldn't mistake them for real life. Are they too clean? I can't put my finger on it but I hope you know what I mean.

Soldato
dirtydog said:
The MotoGP shots look good but also look artificial and you wouldn't mistake them for real life. Are they too clean? I can't put my finger on it but I hope you know what I mean.

I know what you mean, although i think it looks fantastic, love the Moto GP games on xbox.
After reading that, is it because they dont look in motion? seems to be a bit of a lack of motion blur or something.
Still looks great

PS when is tourist trophy out??

Soldato
Tourist Trophy uses the same image enhancing technques as GT4 uses e.g. Makes it look awesome in photo mode when it doesnt look half as good when you're actually playing it.

I found this:
sv0xk.jpg

Also found: http://boardsus.playstation.com/playstation/board/message?board.id=touristtrophy&message.id=17

Which shows the Photomode looking all lovely and stunning, then down it shows the ingame shots which look like a 5year console should look like.

Looks like a lovely game tho, Just which it would come out on the Xbox 360.

Soldato
WOW, being a die hard biker these pics have me chomping at the bit. the level of detail on the 2nd pic is just amazing. just hope its indicative of the actual game.

I was considerijgn buying a PS2 just for torest trophy, crying shame it will never come XBO360 way

Soldato
I was really looking forward to this but "3D Motors" on MotorsTV showed a video of in-game footage and the guy could hardly keep the bike on the track.Hope it plays ok. :(

Although they also said PGR3 had 100 cars including the Carrera GT so that shows how much they know.

Back
Top Bottom