2.1 setup not working.. help!

Associate
I have just recently bought a Logitech Z-4 2.1 speaker setup, which arrived today.

I connected the subwoofer to the (IC7-MAX3's) on-board soundcard using a 3.5mm jack, and then the 2 speakers to the subwoofer.

Problem is, I'm only getting sound from the left channel and the bass. I switched the speakers round, and still only the left channel so both speakers are obviously working fine.

In windows (XP SP2) I can only see the option for stereo desktop speakers and 5.1 or 7.1 surround sound, but not 2.1. Could this be the reason? If so, does anyone know how to rectify this? In the windows volume panel I can see the subwoofer volume control, but it's greyed out.

Any advice on this would be greatly appreciated.

Associate
OP
i'd been using headphones right before i plugged the 2.1 setup in, and i had stereo sound..

though i admit i still checked this after you'd said it :p

as there was no cd supplied with the product i assume that no drivers are required? it's not a usb connection so i figured not..

Last edited:
Associate
OP
that's my worry..

i bought these over eBay (supposedly brand new, seller had a 99% rating) and now i'm wishing i'd just paid the extra £20-£30..

first thing i've ever bought over eBay, too :rolleyes:

Associate
OP
AUUGH!!

****ing Tait Components! :mad:

i bought a 3.5mm jack cable off of them and they sell me a sodding crap one with only 2 channels!

i replaced it with an old one i had in a drawer somewhere which could support 3 channels (2 dividers on the connector) and i now have delicious 2.1 sound (as opposed to delicious 1.1 sound)..

thank you for the help guys,
sorry it was such a (semi-) obvious fix

Back
Top Bottom