6 Nations **Spoilers**

Caporegime
They didnt play that badly I thought (lineouts were bad, the did well to contend some of the English scrums) - England up their game from the crap they have been playing - great start to their 6 nations :)

ps3ud0 :cool:

Associate
Yup good performance.

Good to see Lozzer back where he belongs... although the back row played well so he may find it difficult ousting Moody or Worsley.

I like the direct running down the middle but we need more passes out of tackles if it's going to work against better teams.

Associate
ps3ud0 said:
They didnt play that badly I thought (lineouts were bad, the did well to contend some of the English scrums) - England up their game from the crap they have been playing - great start to their 6 nations :)

bit rash i think, prior to the autumn internationals England hadnt been producing however against both the aussies and NZ we produced two very promising performances and were very unlucky not to take the Kiwis to the sword. The midfield wasny firing particularly well but up front we were dominant.

Crap is a bit of a harsh word to apply to England's performances imo. Good result though, and always fantastic to bosh the Welsh about for 80 minutes. :)

Caporegime
Well its all relative I guess - it was a bad year though all in all and apart from a few rare performances you mentioned a disappointment for me...

Soldato
And my thread was closed :rolleyes:

Anyway, glad to see an England victory, I think the score reflected harshly on Wales. First half was extremely tight, with both sides having great periods of play.

Wales let their heads go down in the last 20 minutes which lead to England running away with it a bit.

I'm happy though, hopefully it's a sign of things to come.

alx

alx

Soldato
So much for my thread on the 6 nations

Good result by us, played some good rugby but the welsh didn't have their strongest side out

Caporegime
i dont think it would have mattered sh4rk. the 2nd half we showed domination like any world champions should.

we also had some crucial players out remember, also hodgeson missed a few kicks, could easily of been nearer 60 points.

the welsh are always bad in the last 15-20 minutes, i think that stems from the players mostly playing in the celtic league / welsh regional teams. welsh rugby isnt upto scratch and that will show in the national team.

Soldato
The England back line was flattered by the score line in my opinion. Cueto and Lewsey (all 15mins) played well as did Voyce. But Noon and Tindall were below the standard necessary to beat the best teams. England were always going to win if they played a forward game and inevitably they did. The most encouraging thing for me was the 20 minutes in the second half when the English forwards started playing like the Welsh forwards and keeping the ball alive, genuinely excellent. Matt Stevens was outstanding, for a prop his ruck and maul play was fantastic and his passing showed a rare delicacy.

Hodsgon, what can I say? An excellent performance, quite commanding, showed off his running and passing skills to great effect and practically all the spark and invention from the England backs started and ended with him. OK I'll admit it flatters him being behind a dominant pack and we'll have to see what he's made of against the French but a good day for Charlie.

Ellis, well it was one of his better performances but he seemed to lose his appetite after a few boshes. I would still be tempted to blood Phillips against Scotland and Italy with Dawson on the bench though.

Wales... they were made to look worse than they are by the scoreline in my opinion. Alfie had a mare Jones wasn't as commanding and they really miss the first choice centre pairing of Henson and Shanklin. Good work rate by the Welsh forwards and they kept the ball alive well but were ultimately overpowered by the bigger and fitter English pack. Peel had a good game and his run for the try was pure scrum half magic. A big blow but the season isn't over yet.

Soldato
Good to see Ireland seeing Italy off, i'm hoping we'll be sending France crying tomorrow. I have high hopes for a traditional style scottish upset :)

The fact we won our scottish national match today 20-7 gives me good hope, was quite good timing as well. Off the field and down to the pub to catch the last 25mins of the English match.

Soldato
Great performance from the Scots atm. The first few minutes suggested that France were gonna walk all over them. Scotland held firm though and are beginning to force the French into mistakes. Definately the better team by quite a margin atm :D

Would be great news for England if the Scots could win this, still early though.

Back
Top Bottom