Netgear WG602

Associate
I currently have 2 of these access points, both connected through cables to the switch, I have 2 because of poor signal strength, what I am finding annoying is that the wireless network is for my laptop, however when I move from one location to another I have to connect to the other access point.

What I am wondering is can it be setup so that the same signal is broadcast through both access points saving me the hassle of connecting to the nearest one. I have heard that they can be setup in repeater mode, however I have little knowledge of how to do this. Any help on achieving this type of setup would be appreciated.

Associate
OP
I think I'll leave it then as it would involve changing the access points to ones that support WDS, from there it does seem to get expensive, especially considering the level of use it gets (most of the time I use the PC on the wired half of the network).

I had heard that it was possible to setup access points similar to WDS by giving 2 of them the same name and setting one on channel 1 and the other one on channel 6, I tried this and as expected it didn’t work!

I've been considering experimenting with the repeater mode, would this help me at all?

Back
Top Bottom