What is the best mother board for fx-60

Associate
If your looking for the best motherboard for the fx60 it has to be between the:

Asus A8N32-SLi Deluxe nForce4 SLi X16 (Socket 939) PCI-Express Motherboard

And..

DFI LanParty NF4 SLI-DR EXPERT (Socket 939) PCI-Express Motherboard

Dont matter if your not going sli these are still the best boards for that cpu.

Associate
DFI LanParty NF4 SLI-DR EXPERT gets my vote. Dont have a clue if it helps but supposidly it runs four DIMM's of memory at 1T timing, which i doubt the asus A8N32 would be able to do.

Associate
mpy32 said:
why would you want to run four dimms instead of two speedwise ???

You wouldn't but some people have 4x512MB sticks to make up their 2GB. Usually this carries the penalty of running 2T instead of 1T. There's no guarantee that even the Expert will be able to do this with all RAM but it's a step in the right direction.

Associate
I have had many ASUS boards and not had problems with any of them. They have all been rock steady, overclockable and not component fussy.

If only the same could be said about DFI boards!

Matt

Associate
mattup said:
I have had many ASUS boards and not had problems with any of them. They have all been rock steady, overclockable and not component fussy.

If only the same could be said about DFI boards!

Matt

Them's fightin words :D

I'd expect a Ferrari to have more glitches than a Mercedes but i know which one i'd want to drive around town in ;) (Both nice cars though)

Soldato
Man, DFI are the PWNAGE, but unfortunately due to DFI's issues with my Seasonic S12 600W, i've had to make way for the A8N32 Deluxe. If you can get the DFI up and running though it's one of the best boards out there on S939.

Last edited:
Soldato
mark35 said:
looking at gettign one in the next few weeks what is the best mother board do not need sli
Lol,

doesn't matter if you don't need SLI, I still say add the ASUS A8N-SLI Premium to your shortlist, its *almost* perfect :)

I don't need SLI, I just run a single X850XT and so far so good, but I like the fact that for the *little* extra I paid for this board (compared to a non-SLI mobo) I have the option down the road to whack in a couple of cards.

Not to mention when the times comes to sell the mobo (and packaging all unopened and mint) I will get a decent price for it.

The premium is the board of the moment, I paid £113 for mine new (£120 inc shipping) and thats the most I ever spent on a mobo, no regrets so far :)

Soldato
Definitely go for the ASUS

Only go for the DFI if you wish to overclock. As you don't go for the most stable boards you can - ASUS. The ASUS A8N-SLI Premium and the A8N32-Deluxe are both very nice boards

The first DFI mentioned is also AGP - get a PCI-E board and a PCI-E card

Back
Top Bottom