My first car :)

Soldato
Just put a deposit down on my first car :D

Thanks to everyone who helped me out. In the end I went for a 330d Sport from Car Giant

Apologies for the rubbish pics below, but it took 6 hours for me to decide and when I was done it was dark :o.

Specs:

November 2002 '52'
Colour: Met Black
Fuel: Diesel
Gearbox: Manual
Specification: ABS brakes with Traction Control, Airbags (multiple)
Air-conditioning, 18" Alloy wheels
Multi-Stack CD-Player, Central Locking
Cruise Control, Electric Mirrors
Electric Windows (front & rear), Full Leather interior
Multi Function Steering Wheel, Parking Sensors
Power-Steering, Radio-Cassette
Rear Head-Rests, Rear Spoiler

I am chuffed to bits with it. They had a selection of four to choose from there, and am pretty sure I picked the right one. I fell in love with the the second I hit 2000rpm on the test drive :D

I had a great experience at Car Giant and would highly recommend it - they filled a whole warehouse just with E46 BMWs :eek:.

I'm picking it up on Wednesday, so more pics then. :)

Nick

Soldato
OP
3308ct.jpg

ph268217p13uq.jpg
ph268217p27ce.jpg
ph268217p30zj.jpg

Man of Honour
Beautiful motor, I envy you :p
I'm thinking of visiting Car Giant tomorrow to take a look at their selection of Mondeos. Its good to know someone has a had a good experience :)

You say this is your first car, I'm assuming you meant the first car you have owned rather than driven, otherwise -> :eek:

Soldato
He's 24-ish I think? :o I've known him for years and don't know his age, lol.

He's been lucky to have a company car for the past year or so.

Nice buy Nick! I'm sure you'll be very pleased :D Looking forward to seeing it at the next meet.

Soldato
loopylou said:
well that wees all over my first car that I brought today. Was quiet proud of my pug 306 until I saw that. :(
Don't be matey :) This is a pretty darned exceptional first car! Check his profile, he's an accountant ;) Says it all :p Well done to the guy though...

Soldato
OP
Well, I lie a bit, I have a company leased Golf Mk5 atm, but this is the first car I've bought :p

I loved Car Giant, it was like the most awesome day out. We spent over 6 hours going looking at cars, it was just the best day ever! The staff seem very helpful, and very honest - rather than pushy and slimey like most staff in dealerships.

I was given the keys to several Beemers and left to play around with them on my own (although not drive them), then went on supervised test drives. I look young, but they treated me with total respect - I would imagine that if I went into a BMW dealership they would have sent me packing the second I set foot in the showroom.

Soldato
OP
agw_01 said:
He's 24-ish I think? :o I've known him for years and don't know his age, lol.

He's been lucky to have a company car for the past year or so.

Nice buy Nick! I'm sure you'll be very pleased :D Looking forward to seeing it at the next meet.

22 mate ;)

Associate
NathanE said:
Don't be matey :) This is a pretty darned exceptional first car! Check his profile, he's an accountant ;) Says it all :p Well done to the guy though...

I'll go back to being goo goo eyed over my pug then, the 272 mile trip with it today did not put me off it one bit.

Associate
NathanE said:
You drove 272 miles for a Pug' 306? Damn. You must have struck a good deal on that one! :D :)

Visiting my uncle and getting the car at the same time, it belonged to his best mate. Not an awsome deal but still good, he would have put it on the forecourt (manager of Pug' dealership) for £2500 expecting £2200, sold it to me for £1800 chucked in a fair few extras and filled it to the brim. Never been that far north before.

Back
Top Bottom