• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

X1900XT Drivers

Soldato
Can I have a poll of what drivers people are using and wheither they have a single screen / dual screens and what typel

The reason is this. I have had a rig based on the following running brilliantly for 3 months or so:

Opty 144 @2.7Ghz
1Gb Corsair 4400 ram
BFG 7800GT
Raptor
Ultra D
480w Tagan
2* Dell 1905 FP's
Win XP SP2 ( all updated)

This was runnning excellently with no problems at all.

I recently added / exchanged these to the above:
Opty [email protected]
2Gb Gskill HZ
Powercolor X1900XT
1* Dell 2005FPW ( plus one of the original 1905's)

Windows and everythign sems to be running ok with the Omega drivers (3.8.205 / CAT 6.1) I installed for the X1900 however there are two slight things worrying me

1) In device Manager my graphics card is under "Unknown" rather than graphics adaptor section but it lists R499 and R499 secondary ( why not X1900?) correctly. I realise the R499 is the GPU name, but this is still unusual isnt it?
2) On my 2005 every minute or so I get a very momentary glitch in windows task bar, where a task flashes orange as though its activated but then disappears again, this happens when I am using that section of the desktop and when I am not.

I am thinking this is due to the early nature of the drivers, would I be correct?
Anyone have other ideas
thanks

Last edited:
Associate
I have these cards in crossfire, I still think that software developers need to start using all the functions crossfire provides in order to make them worthwhile. In some games there seems to be little difference. I' m using the catalyst drivers with no real problems.

thanks
raja

Soldato
I have all the same problems, Im going to do another full reinstall as changing from 5.13B to Omega to Omega with 6.1 CCC has kinda messed things up abit... in the form of 4k 2005 points :o got a shade under 11k last time I tried.

Conc

Soldato
OP
Thanks guys - I never usually touch the bundled cd - for drivers - as they are usually at least one release behind. As these cards are so new, I might try that.

With the official drivers is ATI Tool still disabled? What else do you recommend for oc'ing gddr and gcore?

Associate
hi,

the catalyst software on the disk has an overdrive function, it will examine the system at various settings and then let you know optimum overclocked values.

I hope that software/drivers is avaiable soon that takes advantage of all the features of these cards.

thanks
Raja

Soldato
^^ I've heard that overdrive loosens the mem timings when using it, ATi Tool works, but we need a guide as it has 4, yes 4! voltage controls. Its plenty fast enough atm :p

Conc

Associate
Is there any word on the actual release of Cat 6.2? As so far ive seen word of mouth such as "first week in Feb" well its like the 4th Feb but ATi should really give some info as to when a real driver (not a 5.13 beta) is going to be released.

Back
Top Bottom