been offered this tarriff / phone, any good ( 3 - LG U880)

Soldato
Hi,

popped into a phone shop called Intek.

They offered me the following:

LG U880 'three' phone for free.
600 free mins any network any time
400 free text
first 6 months for £22.50

after that it is 200 mins and 100 text for £25

They will also buy out / pay my last 2 months that i'm with Vodafone for £20 a month.

And if my g/f gets the exact same offer, her first 6 months would be only £10 a month.

Godd offer, sounds REALLY good to me, but heard a few bad things about the three network. not sure about the phone either.

Soldato
not that good, tbh. Try e2save.com. I bet the deals you got are on an 18 month contract, hence the 6 months at £22.50, on the T&T 1100 normally £45.

Spamy

Associate
Not good at all in my opinion! You want to get onto the comparison site www.DailyMobile.co.uk One good thing that this site does is works out your YEARLY cost of each deal so you know what you will be paying once all cashbacks are settled.

A quick squint shows that the best deal for you on the THREE tariff you mention (u880 with 600mins +400txts) would be a cost of £180 for the year - effectively £15/mth! which is excellent for this tariff. To view the deal click here: http://www.dailymobile.co.uk/display.asp?hs=880b

If this is definitely the tariff though you are not sure about the phone, then if you look at all the available phones on this tariff by clicking here:http://www.dailymobile.co.uk/tariffs.asp?tariff=3xnet1100

NOTE - the above is for a TWELEVE month contract and not the crafty 18mth that you see about.

Hope this helps – DannyZ

Soldato
OP
ok have had a deeper look now.

all the good 'offers' seems to rely on cashback.

says it is free but you still have to pay per month and then remember to send back your monthly bills. Anyone done this with success ?

Soldato
Snow-Munki said:
ok have had a deeper look now.

all the good 'offers' seems to rely on cashback.

says it is free but you still have to pay per month and then remember to send back your monthly bills. Anyone done this with success ?

Is that how your deal with Intek goes? With cashback?

I know many people on 3 who pay like £4.99 a month after cashback and are happy with it, and others who say it is a hassle, its just if you can handle the bother of it i think.

Soldato
OP
Kappa said:
Is that how your deal with Intek goes? With cashback?

I know many people on 3 who pay like £4.99 a month after cashback and are happy with it, and others who say it is a hassle, its just if you can handle the bother of it i think.

thanks, with Intek you pay the usual £21.50 a month i believe so less hassle and you get the 'real' cost

looking around on the net, places like mobile outloet offering 'free' 12 month contacts depend on cashback, but after a bit of googling a few ppl say they have got the cash back etc etc

anyone with any first hand experience with this ?

kinda decided i want that phone now :p

Associate
When you take any 18 month 'Three' contract you get the first six months half-price directly with the network, regardless of where you purchase the handset.

Having never heard of Inktek? I'm guessing they're an independant. You should avoid these at all costs - You don't know who you are dealing with, and more to the point what are they doing with YOUR data.. and will they be there in the next 18 months to support you throughout your contract?

If you're planning on taking a Three deal then either go to the Three shop (located in your nearest Superdrug or you may have an individual outlet depending on where you live) or visit a large reputable store such as Phones 4U / The Link / The Carphone Warehouse.

If you go to Phones 4U they, like Intek will buy you out of your Vodafone contract with "cashback" at the point of sale.

Soldato
OP
thanks, i starting to REALLY like this phone, so you think best place to get it is from one of the shops you have mentioned ?

as i have seen many online shops with things like free 12 month contract or there abouts via cashbacks.

Best i've seen is a £35 per month contract but you geta full 12 month cashback on a 12 month contract ?!?! not sure how that works exactly as someone surely is loosing out ??

Associate
I personally prefer paying the little extra and buying a phone in a shop. Case in point; i'm on my third 6280 now and getting replacements was a breeze. Just popped into the store, explained what was wrong and got a brand new replacement there and then. I can only imagine all the hastle you would have to go through to get a phone replaced by an online vendor.

Btw you can get the 6280 free on a 14 month (phones4you earely buyout) contract with half-price line rental for the first 6 months which i don't think is half bad.

Back
Top Bottom