OCuk Value Ram (2x512mb) Prob

Associate
I'm on to my second set of this stuff that isn't working so I thought I'd post up here before going thru the replacement procedure, again.

The first batch, the problem was simple, it was merely a case of one of the metal teeth being missing on the memory modules.

I currently have 1 x DabsValue 512mb running in there which is the same spec and given me no trouble. That module also fits easily into the bay.

The same however cannot be said for the OCuk Value Ram. Whether it's the Gigabyte motherboard's fault or the Ram i don't know but getting the ram to sink into the bay so the metal contacts are in place like they should be was a mission. When fastening the second clip a lot of the time, the other end of the ram would pop up a bit and the contacts would jump out of alignment.

Anyway, I got the Ram to sit properly eventually.

I've tried all combinations of the 3 modules (together and singular) and the computer will not even show the video bios with any of the OCuk Value Ram modules installed. So after two packages, I'm still stuck using my old Ram.

Any advice before I get another RMA number on this lot?

(Additional Info:-

My Motherboard

Goods Shipped:
1 - OcUK Value 1GB (2x512MB) PC3200 184pin DDR Memory Dual Channel Kit (MY-004-OK)
)

Back
Top Bottom