Islam and violence

Soldato
This is something i cant get my head around and it totally annoys me and it begs for a long term solution.

Islam is supposed to be a religion of peace yet in real life it is not so. Im from Nigeria and i have withnessed first hand the beheading of those that practice other religion up in the nothern part of Nigeria where we have muslim majorly.

Nigeria is supposd to be a democratic country yet the muslims has opt for a sharia law in the Northern part of the country.....this is so unconstitutional. When people try to explain to these guys about how you can do this in a democratic society guess what....they started with vilolence again burning down churches and killiing innocent people just for the sake of them been "infidels or Kafari" :rolleyes:

Still speaking about violence. A woman was accused of adultery in a state in the Northern part of nigeria and guess what the "Sharia court" sentence her to.....She should face execution by stoning her to death in a public square. The woman in question is some few month pregnant...... :confused: I mean people let us think about it. If these islam people are so blind that they cant see the colour of the rainbow, they should at least smell the coffee. This 21st century you cant condemm someone to death by STONEING IN A PUBLIC PLACE for crying out loud.

Still on violence, Back in 2004 or so when Nigeria was supposed to Host the Miss World event right. The current miss world then was obviously a Nigerian and when interviewed, she was quoted as saying the following ".....if prohet muhammed (s.a.w) was alive today, im sure he wont hesitate to pick one or more of the ladies here and make them his wife....." Guess what, as a result of islam intolerance, violence started again and 106 people where killed, some of the miamed, burnt and decapitated. The saddest thing about this whole thing is all of the victims are non-muslim. This begs the question why why why? :confused:

I practiced Islam intensly for 2yrs back in Nigeria while i was under going some soul searching experience. On papper it is presented as peaceful religion when infact it is Intolerant, oppresive, selfish and sees violence as the only way out. (oh did i hear someone mention Jihad?). Freedom of speech is limited and if you break the rules the next thing is death. Look at Rushdie, a fatua was put on his head over publication of satanic verses. I mean why dont the pope or some higher figure in the christain world put a fatua on the authour of Da Vinche Code? Let me see, may be because they are more tolerant and civilised.

Im worried something has to be done about this whole thing or else...... The islam world will probably say "the demostrators and those promoting violence dont represent us"....yet no big islamic cleric or ayatollah will condemm any of those action i mean wtf.

Someone explain to me why islam and violence go together like a v6 engine and shell optimax? Seriously this aint right. Like i said before i know what im talking about and i will take on any challenge (civillised one off course) over this discussion. Further examples of things i said can be given, just ask.

Last edited:
Soldato
Still on violence, Back in 2004 or so when Nigeria was supposed to Host the Miss World event right. The current miss world then was obviously a

Irony:)

I personally agree, isn't there a campaign to get the pregnant woman's sentence overturned?

Suspended
This subject is chronicled in the pages of OcUK many thousands of times, and the conclusion has been reached that

a) its a very vocal minority

b) they'll get bored of it eventually, people are only being violent because everyone else is as they are incapable of independant thought

Yes there are some awful muslim governments in the world, and some truely atrocious christian ones.. it just happens.

Soldato
OP
Chronos-X said:
This subject is chronicled in the pages of OcUK many thousands of times, and the conclusion has been reached that

a) its a very vocal minority

b) they'll get bored of it eventually, people are only being violent because everyone else is as they are incapable of independant thought

Yes there are some awful muslim governments in the world, and some truely atrocious christian ones.. it just happens.

A, You dont call almost a billion muslim a minority.
B, Get bored? Come to my country, this stuff has been going on before Independence and i think Nigeria is 44 this year.

I agree, but why do the islamic one get more media attention? what, because we live in a christain world? i dont think so.

Nix

Nix

Soldato
I see what you're saying mate.

The truth is that all religion is ultimately the same: i.e. Worship of God(s) or the spiritually divine.

I disagree with organised religion hugely. My reason is as follows: Man is the sole inventor of all religion, fables, myth, legend and lore. Man has also the tendancy to become easily corrupt via greed etc.
Religion has been used by man in the past as a stepping-stone to power (the church used to be as powerful as the state). An example of this is in Islam whereby the holy law requires women to wear the vail (I don't know religious terminology), I know women often choose to wear it, but initially the rule was made by men. You could theorise that this was a simple method of control. Therefore, religion itself has become corrupt.

If people wish to practice religion, surely their God(s) wouldn't care less if it wasn't via an organised doctrine? As long as people lead good, happy lives why would anyone quarrel with it? People should find their beliefs themselves, IMO organised religion is pointless and hateful. It has caused more wars, misery and vice then any other man-made construction. Religion itself, fundementally is noble, it's when man and greed enter the picture it becomes idiotic and resentful. What do you think that says about man?

Times are changing. With the advent of home comforts people don't need to turn to religion for answers as much. With technology, democracy, no fear of reprisal and a more liberal culture, people are now realising that religion may not be all it's cracked up to be.

IMO, and at the chance of offending muslims, I apologise if I offend you, but seriously I do think Islam, and come to that pretty much ALL religion is arachic. It only serves to hinder humanity.

In conclusion, all religions strive for an answer to those rhetorical questions we all have. Religions are only different dependant on the culture it serves its purpose for. The differences between them are merely the societies views at the time they were created. If people wish to find their God(s) or some spiritual awareness, surely as this is a private affair, it would make more sense to find it on their own?

It's always been common for followers of a religion to attack the unbelievers. This is probably just out of fear, but I would assume also largely due to 'mob' culture.

A good example to my point overall is the Simpsons episode where Homer speaks to God.

NB: I'm aware that some people still rely on religion and find solace and comfort in the community it provides.

Last edited:
Soldato
Its more cultural than religious...If the muslims are from some 3rd world bumhole of a country, chances are they will be prone to violence and archaic practices...If the muslims are from the west, chances are they will be non violent and more open minded...There are exceptions but thats how the vast majority are..

Remember there are parts of the world where christians are still violent psychos..

Nix

Nix

Soldato
You could predict a timescale whereby the 3rd World or middle east will 'grow out of it'. It's been suggested that development is a direct impact from agriculture, you can see the correlation - the middle east for example has more arid land than the UK. However, it is obvious that culture also plays a huge part. The GM debate in the western world for example - ethics. However, now the western world has the technology we're more likely to share it with others and thereby could predict when other extreme countries may become more liberal. It may be more difficult though as these extreme countries lack liberal individuals for the this very reason. Perhaps in a couple of generations time - when the current generation has died out and the influence of modern globalization has taken place, we may see a change in attitude. There will be less hardships for people to complain about for a start.

Soldato
OP
Balddog said:
Its more cultural than religious...If the muslims are from some 3rd world bumhole of a country, chances are they will be prone to violence and archaic practices...If the muslims are from the west, chances are they will be non violent and more open minded...There are exceptions but thats how the vast majority are..

Remember there are parts of the world where christians are still violent psychos..

So i thought at first, thinking all was down to cultural difference. My reserach on the main culture and tradition in my country shows that we are diffrent but not in a way for us not to understand one another. We all do same things but slightly diffferent ways. e.g. Clothing, food, tradition on marriage, social relation etc. There's nothing in those differences that warrants violence honestly, but as soon as you but Islam (yet islam and not christainity) into it the whole thing changes from an exciting drama into a texas chain saw massacre. Christains from the other part of nigeria are open minded and tolerant more than their muslim counter part from the north.

You know in all honesty, it is because of stuff like these i stopped believing a God or Higer being exist.

Soldato
OP
Nix said:
You could predict a timescale whereby the 3rd World or middle east will 'grow out of it'. .

I am a bit sceptical about that. Back home, hatred as a result of religion differences has been planted into the minds of the on coming generations. Can you imagine my dad not wanting me to play with the next door neighbour son's because they are muslim? Now picture that on a national scale and tell me this timescale thing will still be possible.

I hope so but im seriously scepticlal

Nix

Nix

Soldato
ElRazur said:
I am a bit sceptical about that. Back home, hatred as a result of religion differences has been planted into the minds of the on coming generations. Can you imagine my dad not wanting me to play with the next door neighbour son's because they are muslim? Now picture that on a national scale and tell me this timescale thing will still be possible.

I hope so but im seriously scepticlal

I know mate, America are still highly religious but times are changing. There are more open-minded, educated people then before. We won't see in our lifetime, and therefore I can't proove it. But someday, maybe not even in the near future but maybe in a century - I doubt religions will still be so arachic and its followers such thugs.

The 3rd world don't really benefit from technology yet do they?

Ofcourse, I could be entirely wrong. Some people NEED religion, which is why it was created in the first place I assume. Every culture since the dawn of time has had its own religion.

Soldato
OP
Chronos-X said:
Are these the same nigerian christians that regularly torture and sacrifice children in the churches they run over here, for being witches and posessed?

In reality, that is a result of Cultural belief being mixed with religion. I totally agree with you but i though i should makle things clear. Bible/christainity dont teach sacrisfising one's child. Where it happened in the old testament, it wasto teat abraham's faith (i think his name his Abraham) but then God told him to use a Ram instead.

Anyway, some churches has been reported to do it but according to the teachings of the bible, you dont sacrisfice a human unto god

Soldato
OP
Guys, Keep the thread alive if you can, I have to go now. I will be back on Monday around 7pm when im at work as i odnt have internet at home. Any question can be emailed to me.

I dont believe in God anymore and im not in support of any religion here. thanks

Nix

Nix

Soldato
ElRazur said:
Guys, Keep the thread alive if you can, I have to go now. I will be back on Monday around 7pm when im at work as i odnt have internet at home. Any question can be emailed to me.

I dont believe in God anymore and im not in support of any religion here. thanks

You're not telling me your faith was shattered because of a thread are you? Or are you just saying you decided this before posting?

Okay mate, stay safe.

Associate
Islam is an archaic and intolerant faith, based on dogma and violence, fear and hatred.

I've no time for any religions, but I can almost hear the truth in Mr Griffin "wicked evil faith" comment...

Soldato
Nana said:
Islam is an archaic and intolerant faith, based on dogma and violence, fear and hatred.

I've no time for any religions, but I can almost hear the truth in Mr Griffin "wicked evil faith" comment...

Wow...I never thought id hear that from you of all people.

Man of Honour
I was born in Port Harcourt, Nigeria to white parents and I can't remember any Muslims.
Virtually every black was christian and took their faith seriously.
We had four servants and I know that two of them took their Bibles everywhere.
Doreen (my sisters nanny) used to sleep on the floor next to my sisters bed while clutching her bible.
I saw many beheadings and you'd often come across a body with its head off but it was normally revenge because of crime against another family.
However, El Razur and I say this in the best possible way - you are lucky to escape what is one of the biggest cesspits of a country (to come to the 2nd biggest cesspit of a country).

Back
Top Bottom