Quick Advice:

Nix

Nix

Soldato
Right guys and gals. What's your advice?

I woke up last night at 10pm because i've had insomnia and sleeping problems for best part of last week and it finally caught up with me. I've now been up all night and it's now 9:39am.

My question is: Is it worth me going to sleep now and risk sleeping the day again or just fight the fatigue for the day and stay awake?

Cheers :)

Nix

Nix

Soldato
OP
I did when I was at home, he gave me some anti-depressants (I was getting headaches related to depression too - although I didn't feel depressed). I don't like taking them though or any sleep medication as I just end up in a long daze. My alarm does wake me up but i'll more than likely just whack it and fall asleep again - it's a bad habit.

Soldato
I'd probably have a kip now if you're tired, and set your alarm for a couple of hours' time. Then, try and stay awake until your proper bedtime.

I found that a great cure for insomnia was not being on the internet all night long. I used to be awake all night when I was at Uni and on the net until silly hours. Now I'm at work, and have to be up in the morning, I force myself to go to bed at 11pm whether I'm tired or not.

Exercise also helps you sleep much better.

p.s. Get yourself an annoying alarm, and put it over the other side of the room. Mine is a cockeral crowing. Drives me mad!

Nix

Nix

Soldato
OP
Yea, I would have a nap, but I know myself too well in this department as i've had sleep problems for coming on two years now and i'd probably end up sleeping through till 10pm again. I've been on the net all night, but mainly because nothing was good on TV and I had no company being as my flatmates went to bed an hour after I woke up.

Problem I have when i'm tired is that my eyes go very blurry and I find it difficult to see lol.

Last edited:
Soldato
Lostkat said:
p.s. Get yourself an annoying alarm, and put it over the other side of the room. Mine is a cockeral crowing. Drives me mad!

I do the same them when I've got an early (4am or so when I have a plane to catch) start. If I have the alarm next to the bed I'll turn it off and go back to sleep.

Back
Top Bottom