A battlefield2 thread

Soldato
Just checked on the EA website and it looks like you're right :)

EA said:
Battlefield 2: Euro Force

3 New Maps!

Operation Smoke Screen
Taraba Quarry
Great Wall

4 New Vehicles!

Main Battle Tank – Leopard 2A6
Main Battle Tank – Challenger 2
Fighter – Eurofighter (Typhoon T1)
Attack Heli – Eurocopter Tiger (Tiger HAP)

7 New Weapons!

HK53A3
Famas
SA80 **5A2
SA80 **5A2 with UGL (AG-36)
HK21
Benelli M4
P90
L96A1

1 New Army!

European Union

1 New Award!

European Union Special Service Medal

Battlefield 2: Armored Fury

3 New Maps!

Midnight Sun
Operation Harvest
Operation Road Rage

New Vehicles!

Attack Jets
Recon Helicopters

… and much more!

Soldato
one thing I think should have been put in the game ( on some maps) is something like a Hercules plane, so you can get a load of troops in, fly to a certain point (s) and deploy, that would be good.

Just been on some empty servers, practising flying, not easy, but its slowly coming together. I find a joystick easier for flying though, each to there own of course. One thing I do which I dont know how to get out of, sometimes, i may get "out of the map" area whilst flying and then the plane doesnt seem to want to respond and get me back within the map before i get "auto punished"

I suppose its all down to practise......

great game though, Only 192.000 more points needed for top rank! :(

Soldato
A transport plane would be great, yeah.

One thing that's annoying me at the moment is the teamkill system. Practically every day this week I've had some major tk incidents involving huuuge negative scores :(

Damn those stray missiles hitting full blackhawks!! :(

Soldato
A few days ago i threw a AT mine out the back of a chopper in the big square in front of the mosque on masthuur, a few seconds later the pilot promptly landed on the AT mine, boom, a full chopper teamkilled.

oops.

Aod

Aod

Soldato
whats the betting that EA will majorly screw all the weapons stats up with the Euro Force Expansion?

i mean, listen to this:

AK-74u (MEC SF gun) damage per shot = 28.
real world calibre = 5.45x39 Krinkov

M4A1 (USMC SF gun) damage per shot = 25
real world calibre = 5.56x45 NATO

QBZ-97 (PLA SF gun) damage per shot = 25

SCAR-L (SF, SF unlock) damage per shot = 27

G36C (SF unlock) famage per shot = 25

why does the 5.45krinkov do 3 more damage per shot while it has a lower velocity (IRL) and less mass per slug?
why does the SCAR-L do 2 more damage than the M4, G36C and QBZ-97 when they all fire the same round at roughly 3000fps?

also:

M16A2 (USMC) damage per shot = 30

AK-101 (MEC) damage per shot = 37

AK-47 (PLA) damage per shot = 38
real world calibre = 7.62x39Russian

F2000 (SF, assault unlock) damage per shot = 34

L 85A1 (Medic unlock) damage per shot = 32

G36E (SF, Medic unlock) damage per shot = 32

ok, why do all the weapons in this game that fire the same bullet do different amounts of damage? the M16 does less damage then all the other assault rifles?

why does the F2000 do 4 more damage?
similarly, why does the AK-101 do seven, yes, 7 more damage than the M16. same round again.

even more ridiculosly:
M24 (USMC sniper) damage per shot = 90
real world calibre = 7.62x51 NATO

G3 (Assault unlock) damage per shot = 40
real world calibre = 7.62x51 NATO

M95 (sniper unlock) damage per shot = 90
real world calibre = 12.7x99mm BMG (.50 cal)

okay, this one takes the cake:
the M24 and the G3 fire the exact same round. they are interchangeable.
and so, why does the M24 do 50 more damage?

and even more insane, why does the M95, with a round with ~14700J more energy at the muzzle than the M24 do more damage? thats bloody ****-faced stupid.

thats my 2p

i just realised that you may want some sources, so here they are:
Real-steel weapon info = World.guns.ru
Real-steel ballistic data = World.guns.ru Rifle Ammo table

BF2 Assault Rifle Data= bf2wiki weapons/Assault Rifles
BF2 Carbine Data = bf2wiki/Carbines
BF2 Sniper Data = bf2wiki/Sniper Rifles

<edit>
btw, i typed this whole post out by hand, no copy/paste malarkey, and all but the URLs from memory, so please do take the trouble to read it.

Last edited:
Soldato
Nice post Aod! They probably just thought some weapons were cooler than others forget about real world stats and reasearch.

I just wanted to make sure that the unlocks in SF and EF are completly unrelated to the BF2 unlocks as I don't want to go about wasting anything.

I haven't used any unlocks from my last 2 promotions so have the DAO-12, MK3A1, G36C, PKM and M95 to choose from does anyone have any thoughts on what I should go for?

I'm a bit peeved atm need money for SF, EF and a microphone just don't know where it's comming from!

Had a go at being squad leader today as some of you would know. ;) Spent most of my time dying and trying to figure out where everyone was going!

Soldato
G36C is pretty decent, but the G36E second medic unlock rules :cool:

If you want to get the second medic unlock you just need to get someone to play on SF with your account for a bit, wait for the stats to update, et voila :D

Soldato
Phil99 said:
G36C is pretty decent, but the G36E second medic unlock rules :cool:

If you want to get the second medic unlock you just need to get someone to play on SF with your account for a bit, wait for the stats to update, et voila :D

Any volunteers? ;) A new medic unlock would be great seeing as that's my main class.

Is it actually worth buying SF then or is it pointless bar the unlocks?

Soldato
It's not bad, but it's not amazing. There's a couple of good maps that make a nice change from the originals, but nothing to get too excited about. The grapling hook/zip line/tear gas are pretty cool though.

Catch me on XFire tomorrow and I'll do the unlock if you want, not sure what rank you need to be for the first one though.

Soldato
Phil99 said:
Catch me on XFire tomorrow and I'll do the unlock if you want, not sure what rank you need to be for the first one though.

Cheers.

Just had my first go at commanding and we lost. :( Those damn troops don't listen!!! Commanding doesn't seem that hard as long as you have good squad leaders who will request things from you.

Associate
Ive not even pld ths night maps, and ive had it a month...must have pld it for 2 hours max....its a bit more jerky than bf2......

yeah, go for unlocks of the class you like to play,

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
Mundu said:
Cheers.

Just had my first go at commanding and we lost. :( Those damn troops don't listen!!! Commanding doesn't seem that hard as long as you have good squad leaders who will request things from you.

I love being Commander. Being a good commander is easy with a good team but not so easy when your troops disobey orders or request supplies without good reason.
I use the auto commands a lot and if a squad leader is not obeying orders he gets repeated My Grandma could fight better and You are the worst squad i have ever had the misfortune Bla bla. :D Knowone likes being told they are crap and they either obey or ignore but it makes me feel loads better. :p
I must say though that if my team does well for me they get repeated praise and many Thanks much appreciated messages. They don't have to win the battle but they Do have to try. :cool:

Permabanned
punisher46 said:
Ive not even pld ths night maps, and ive had it a month...must have pld it for 2 hours max....its a bit more jerky than bf2......

yeah, go for unlocks of the class you like to play,
Yeah, same here. I hate the nights maps, it adds nothing to the gameplay except having to press the nightvision button all the time. The maps do seem more jerky than normal bf2 too.

The SF Spec Op unlock rocks though. I have become so much better against infantry since that unlock.

Soldato
malc30 said:
I love being Commander. Being a good commander is easy with a good team but not so easy when your troops disobey orders or request supplies without good reason.
I use the auto commands a lot and if a squad leader is not obeying orders he gets repeated My Grandma could fight better and You are the worst squad i have ever had the misfortune Bla bla. :D Knowone likes being told they are crap and they either obey or ignore but it makes me feel loads better. :p
I must say though that if my team does well for me they get repeated praise and many Thanks much appreciated messages. They don't have to win the battle but they Do have to try. :cool:

Yeah, I kept praising a squad the other day and got "I know, I know" over VoIP with the "you are the finest squad..." etc :p

Soldato
Any ex DC players here? I used to play that game all the time and one plane I loved in that was the C17, huge plane could carry a lot of people and had BIG guns on it :D, I wish they would put that in BF2

Back
Top Bottom