LAPTOP

Associate
hey guys dads laptop doesnt seem to have a cardslot on the side for a wireless network card and hes having ago at me for it coz he cant walk around the house with it he bought it from a freind who said he had it on wireless the guy also gave us a wireless ethanet bridge whih is now on my comp with my new wireless router can you confirm for me to just to show am right that he will have to use the bridge to be wireless and walk round the house with it thanks

Associate
Ever heard of sentances, puntuation or paragraphs /wink

INFECTION said:
hey guys

Dads laptop doesnt seem to have a cardslot on the side for a wireless network card and hes having ago at me for it coz he cant walk around the house with it. He bought it from a freind who said he had it on wireless the guy also gave us a wireless ethanet bridge whih is now on my comp with my new wireless router. Can you confirm for me to just to show am right that he will have to use the bridge to be wireless and walk round the house with it thanks.

Right in answer - no not without knowing the make and model of your Dad's laptop.

Associate
Looks like your right that it doesn't come with wireless or a PCMCIA slot HOWEVER it does have 4 USB ports.

Therefore a

Belkin 54Mbps Wireless USB 2.0 Network Adapter (F5D7050UK) (NW-009-BE)

Should do just fine, it's plugs straight in and is quite compact - ideal for your problem.

Back
Top Bottom