cold

Associate
hey guys i got 3 case fans in my comp its pretty loud but i can live with it for abit till i get some money to upgrade the hole thing but the thing is i got 2 case fans on the side of my comp and one at the back how many of the fans should be on the in take and how many should be getting rid of the cold air i think there all intaking at the mo infact am pretty much sure they are as case temp is at 30 :confused: dunno if thats good or bad but think it should be a lot cooler than that
any help? :)

Associate
Typically the fan at the back nearest the CPU (normally just below the PSU) will extract the WARM air from the case. A fan at the top of the case will also typically extract warm air. Fans near the bottom will normally draw cold air into the case, often you'll have one in the bottom front of the case and sometimes one in the side near the graphics cards or dragging cold air near the CPU fan.

A picture of your case would help advising on the direction the side fans should be though.

kbc

kbc

Associate
BigDom said:
Typically the fan at the back nearest the CPU (normally just below the PSU) will extract the WARM air from the case. A fan at the top of the case will also typically extract warm air. Fans near the bottom will normally draw cold air into the case, often you'll have one in the bottom front of the case and sometimes one in the side near the graphics cards or dragging cold air near the CPU fan.

A picture of your case would help advising on the direction the side fans should be though.

As told... hot air rises, so fans higher up should act as an exhaust fan, fans placed near the bottom should encourage cold air inflow. :) Often the side case fans will act as an inflow feeding in cooler air directly to the CPU.

Associate
Easy answer. Side fans intake, rear fan exhaust. If the CFM of 1xrear = the CFM of 2xside you will have a nice balanced airflow. (Discounting any PSU fan which won't be very powerful in any case).

The side fans blowing onto the Mobo/Expansion card area will do a nice job.

kbc

kbc

Associate
INFECTION said:
ok did a bit of cleaning in my case to make it look nice and also changed the back fan to make it the exahust fan now i have case temps of 19 :)

How do you monitor case temperatures? Is it shown on SpeedFan? I'm using it myself... but which is the case temp sensor?

Associate
u mainly want to keep an eye on the CPU Temp, Socket 939 CPUs typically 65C is the max, mine went up to 56C at one point... keep it under 60C would be better, should be easily achievable...

Back
Top Bottom