8 Year old shredder.

Suspended
SPEEEDD = IMOTION !!!!11!

How boring. Type "guitar" into google vids and every single one is someone playing shred on an ibanez. Do people really think this impressive :(

While my guitar gently weeps indeed.. :(

Suspended
Yeah -OK thats some pretty impressive dexterity for an 8 year old, I'll give him that. :) - within the confines of this example, if he is 8, then thats quite impressive indeed.

Soldato
one thing, he doesnt seem to..feel any emotion when playing?

It's good yes, very. But more of a, parents made him learn?

But yes, that is some awesome playing. He does have telent.

Soldato
It's dull and boring.

I've played guitar for 5 years now and although I can't play all of which he plays, it's simply because I've not yet seen a need to. I do like listening to that style of guitar, but only when their is emotion involved. Mainly via Steve Vai and Joe Satriani.

The kid is 8, and that is what's so amazing about this video. It's like having a car that can go faster than all others, yet you can only go so fast around corners or you'll flip it over.

Sure, it's nice on the surface, but the reality is that it's pretty useless.

Phil.

Associate
OP
OvertoneBliss said:
It's dull and boring.

I've played guitar for 5 years now and although I can't play all of which he plays, it's simply because I've not yet seen a need to. I do like listening to that style of guitar, but only when their is emotion involved. Mainly via Steve Vai and Joe Satriani.

The kid is 8, and that is what's so amazing about this video. It's like having a car that can go faster than all others, yet you can only go so fast around corners or you'll flip it over.

Sure, it's nice on the surface, but the reality is that it's pretty useless.

Phil.
Thats all well and good.

But think of it this way...

The kid is only 8, he isnt really gonna know how to "feel" a song. Even though he cant feel it, he still has the ability to play it. Once he gets older he'll be able to find the emotion in a song and bring it out, but the key is, he already has the ability which is that much harder (to me anyway) to achieve.

Just wait till the kid is like 20 and he can "feel" a song aswell as play it. The kid's gonna be a beast.

Sic

Sic

Soldato
ugh....woo look how fast he plays guitar.

fair play, i cant play guitar fast, but i HATE shredding. it sounds so stupid. granted it's impressive to see someone's fingers working like that...but i dont like the sound of it

Soldato
Al Vallario said:
Came into this thread wondering what was so interesting about ageing office products :(
Me too, pity that. I would have loved to have joined in talk about my dads ancient shredder, I think it must be around 20 years old now (ancient in my eyes), but alas there is just some awesome kid playing guitar rather well.

Once you can shred/solo like Dragonforce, you are winner! :)

Back
Top Bottom