tyres, avon ??

Associate
i went down to get my tyres changed and i asked for firestone,(only a 1.3 polo) and they put AVON tyres on??? are these really pants or the same as firestone? should i go down there?

Zip

Zip

Soldato
MaXXeH said:
i went down to get my tyres changed and i asked for firestone,(only a 1.3 polo) and they put AVON tyres on??? are these really pants or the same as firestone? should i go down there?

How does your car drive with them on? If u like how it drives and grips then keep them :)

Man of Honour
The average driver won't be able to tell the difference between most tyres anyway until they REALLY need the additional performance, ie in an emergency stop situation. It'd be nice to know you had good rubber before you go smashing into the car in front thinking 'ok perhaps I should have gone with those Potenzas...'

Zip

Zip

Soldato
if u dont like then u should take them back IMO
Its there fault for putting the wrong brand on so they should change them to the ones u want

Associate
OP
yea think i will pop down there on monday, but they prob wont belive me and just say yea yea pee of ect.. they did not cost a lot 32.20 each and that was ment for firestone . just jars me of when they try rip u of!!!

Associate
MaXXeH said:
they sound really loud and lots of understeer which i never had befor!

yep that sounds like the small avon tyres. I had them on my 1L polo and they were awful. Can't remember the exact size of mine but I think they were 145/55, just don't try cornering at a pace faster than a snail in the wet :eek:

Soldato
The last set I had of Avons (ZV3's) wore out in less than 6k on the rear of a front wheel drive car???

However in their defence Avon were brilliant and agreed to cover 75% cost of there replacement when they were purchased. Coupled with the garages 5 year guarantee we paid just £85 for four new tyres fitted. Also they upgraded the speed rating to ZZ3's FOC.

Don't know about their tyres but their customer care is first class.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom