New build. Quietness Recomendations please.

Associate
Hi there.
Doing a new build as i have a s775 abit motherboard lying around. Im a bit strapped for cash so im doing it on the cheap!

Im gonna stick a 3gig p4 in it, i already have ram for it from my old machine.
Was gonna get one of those Sapphire x800 gto2's and mod it up to 850pe speeds.
Im thinking of getting this case:
Arctic Cooling T2 Silentium Silent Midi Tower Case - 450W Seasonic Silent PSU
The northbridge on the board has a fan on it so i bought a Zalman silent northbridge sink.
Basically i would like some suggestions for the cpu cooler and the Gfx cooler, as my pc is in the bedroom i want it as quiet as poss due to the Mrs always complaining about the thing always being on :(
Just suggestions for regular cooler not water thanks!
Cheers!

Albaba

Associate
Shop around for a zalman heatsink, i think its the 9500 for the CPU, and the 7700 something or other for the graphics.

Associate
I have the 9500 it does work well, the Zalman CNPS7700-CU would probarbly do the job as well.

for the gfx I went with the Zalman VF700-CU Quiet Copper VGA Cooler, also no problems and quiet.

The psu can be a main source of noise, not got much info on the seasonic 450 w in that case.

Also the hard drive can make a lot of noise once you have put the quiet fans on, the hard drive enclosures are good for that; OcUK Silentmaxx Aluminium Hard Drive Enclosure (HS-000-OK) although its not a constant noise like the fans.

Associate
Dont know how quite the Silentium is but I would add some accoutic foam like magic fleece to get it even quieter for the outlay of a few shillings or so!

Soldato
The Seasonic PSUs included in the case are very quiet

As above, get the VF700 for your graphics card. It's quiet on 5V but not on 12V

CPU cooler, the Zalman ones are nice. I've got an Akasa EVO 120 and it's very quiet when the fan is set to minimum speed (it's very noisy when on full speed)

Back
Top Bottom