Hiper Type-R Modular 580w PSU SLI ready?

Associate
I am about to order from o/c this is the 1st SLI am putting together and have decided to use the above PSU, Overclockers state this is a SLI ready psu, however the below review (and other reviews) stated this only came with one PCi-express 6 pin connector.

see the bottom of this page

http://www.viperlair.com/reviews/cases/other/psu/hip4B580/p2.shtml

" Cons: Only one PCIe – not SLI ready (Editors Note - Since writing this review, Hiper's next shipment of HPU-4K580 will be SLi ready; there will be an extra PCI-E connector bundled with the PSU), P4 cable – not EPS12V/ ‘P8’ ready "

I need a confirmation that the above PSU does have 2, possibly someone who has ordered this PSU can confirm this for me. This would be a huge letdown to find out it only has 1 when its advertised as SLI ready

Associate
Unless it has changed from 2 months ago when i got mine the Hiper comes with 1 pci-e connector that plugs directly into the psu and one molex to pci-e adapter.

Associate
OP
Unfortunaly I have just found out the order has gone through,

I have ordered Akasa PCI Express 6 Pin to 4 Pin Power cable adaptor for PCI-E Graphics Cards (CB-018-AK)

pleaee let me know if this will be a problem.

Associate
No need for the adapter as the psu already comes with one. Are you actually going to be running two g-cards? Or is it just an sli mobo?

Associate
This is what mine came with. :)

sliconnectors.jpg

Associate
OP
The top on looks like a standard molex to 6 pin

however I cannot make out what the bottom cable is.

from the picture you are saying it only comes with the 1 adpater. I have ordered another Akaska 6 pin extender to cover myself, as from the forums it seems a bit hit and miss if 2 is included.

Associate
The bottom one is the 6 pin pci-e cable that plugs straight into the psu. There is no need for the adapter but it's your money and it's better to have peace of mind i suppose.

Associate
OP
Cheers Reiver, id prefer to go for the peace of mind, I will be annoyed if its comes with 1 as its advertised SLI ready. Its a good job i checked, but my faullt the order went through.

When did you order by the way becuase I heard that someone ordered 2 months ago and he did not get 2?

Associate
Raymond Lin said:
If you only got 1, call up Hiper and they'll sent you another one free of charge.

This happened to me, they sent me one straight away without any fuss at all - great customer service!

Associate
I only got one with mine and it doesnt fit the pcie connector on my 7800GT :(
The Hiper PCIE plug has metal contacts in all the holes. The connectror that came with the card had the metal contact missing in one hole and fitted fine. Strange.
Anyone got a link for their customer services?

Soldato
Werewolf said:
The one i used to setup someones PC the other day came with 2.

One that connects directly to the PSU, and one as an adaptor off a normal molex.
Yup, that's how my friend's one came 4 months ago.

Incidentally, his graphics card also came with one - XFX 7800GT IIRC.

Back
Top Bottom