Cheapest 2GB kit capable of 2-2-2-6 1T?

Soldato
Is there a kit capable of this yet?

If not, what is the cheapest which will do CAS 2 @ 200 Mhz?

2-3-3-8 would be OK, ideally @ 1T.

I don't care about frequency, just timings.

Thanks!

Associate
Both on 'This Week Only' ..

G.Skill ZX 2 3 2 5 £129.95 + VAT
Corsair XMS3200C2PT 2 3 3 6 £134.94 + VAT

As far as i know there are no 2Gb kits that will do 2 2 2

Last edited:
Associate
Ballistix are capable of 2,2,2,7 @ 200Mhz but i'm sure i don't need to go into the reasons why they may not be the best choice of RAM right now. :D

Mine, which i bought recently from OcUK, did this @ 2.8v :cool:

Of course i have two more 2GB kits to fall back on if these go boobies-up on me. It was worth the money just to run them @ 300Mhz for a few weeks though if they do.

Associate
Street said:
The Corsair 3500 will do 2-3-2-5@200MHz

Doesn't really fall into the 'cheapest' 2Gb category tho :)

£270 inc VAT ! If i was going to spend that much on a 2Gb kit i'd go for the OCZ EB's or the Mushkin Redlines.. I wonder why they are so expensive?

Associate
Skeme said:

£270 inc VAT ! If i was going to spend that much on a 2Gb kit i'd go for the OCZ EB's or the Mushkin Redlines.. I wonder why they are so expensive?

Pretty LEDs :D Don't really know why these modules need an oversized heat spreader as 2.7v is all the vdimm you need with these. Any more won't gain performance. They do use Infineon ic's though which is why the timings are so tight compared with other 2GB kits.

Associate
Dirk said:
They do use Infineon ic's though which is why the timings are so tight compared with other 2GB kits.

Nothing the EB's wouldn't do tho at a cheaper price with the added bonus of a higher oc potential.

The comments by Gibbo in this thread answer my question on why they are so expensive. Be interestibg to see what deal they do on the EB's, hope it doesn't make me regret waiting a bit longer :)

Associate
Skeme said:
Nothing the EB's wouldn't do tho at a cheaper price with the added bonus of a higher oc potential.

The comments by Gibbo in this thread answer my question on why they are so expensive. Be interestibg to see what deal they do on the EB's, hope it doesn't make me regret waiting a bit longer :)

The EB's use Infineon too AFAIK but are newer. I'm not suprised they o/c to higher speeds. (Also the Corsair are pc3500 not pc4000.)

"Corsair 3500LL is in stock and the price is high due to supply and demand issues......"

Demand will always be high for Corsair products as their quality and reliability is second to none. Wish i could say the same about Crucial but the Ballistix are still the best 1GB modules as long as you don't mind rolling the dice on reliability. ;)

Soldato
Skeme said:

£270... didnt realise they were that much! I paid about £200 for them when i got them! Didnt see he was after the cheapest stuff either:)

Soldato
Apparently the EB will go to tight timings at 200mhz and clock up to about 280 with 3-3-2-5 1T. This seems the best bet IMO. You have the best of both worlds really.

Back
Top Bottom