• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

ATI Radeon X800 GTO unlock to X850

Associate
hello folks,

im sure i read on this forum - but cant find it - that I can unlock my Sapphire ATI Radeon X800 GTO 256MB DDR3 TV-Out/DVI (PCI-Express) to a higher spec, i think it was the spec of the X850.

I also noticed the sticky thread: http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=17481933 which talks about "flashing" that card. is this exactly what i am looking for? if not is this unlock possible and where can i get more info, do i need to change the g/c cooling fan and is the upgrade noticeable or more hassle than worth from others experience?

thanks

iain

Associate
I have done the mod that you mentioned (infact, I have the card in my machine at the moment!)

The mod can only be performed on SOME Connect3D X800 GTO's (not always successful) and ALL Sapphire X800 GTO2 (the "2" is very important here, and they actually used a different core for the GTO2).

As far as I have read around, the mod success rate for the sapphire card is 100%. You will definately get to an X850, and if you have decent memory on the card you can up the clock on the memory to an X850XT PE!

Is your card a GTO or a GTO2 ?

Back
Top Bottom