Pics of new car! (56K and possible chav mods)

Associate
Hi

I picked up my (Mk5) Zetec S on New Years Day but havent had a chance to upload some pics.
Today i spent about 3 hours washing it and putting wax and trim cleaner on.
Hope you like the pics and i hope you don't think it is too chavvy :p
The current modifications on it are:
17" Kyowa Racing Alloys
Lowered 40mm
Powerflow full system exhaust (cat-back)
CAT 1 Cobra Alarm
As well as other bits here and there.

Here are some pics i took after washing it:

1.png

2.png

My subs and amp as well 6x9's. Hopefully should be getting a set of Vibe QB's soon!
4.png

I know my car isnt to everyones tastes and may be seen by some as being 'chavved up' but i personally dont think it looks chavvy.
O yeah, the exhaust sounds soo nice and my neighbours love it with i floor it ;)

EDIT: Photobucket auto-resizes my pics as they are over 512KB. I'll sort out some other hosting in a sec.

Last edited:
Associate
ahreed, all looks good apart from the wheels, ive never seen anything to look better on the ZS that the 15 Ford Racing Alloys. Altho i did see a Red ZS on some 15 compo's which looked nice

Associate
OP
Morba said:
i bet you cant even hear the 6x9s!

blue sidelight bulbs? if so, thats the only chav part that i can see :p

I've set the gain quite low on the amp so the balance between the 6x9's and the subs is fine.
The previous owner was a Mercedes Mechanic so he shoved some Mercedes bits on the Zetec S. One of the bits being the blue indicator blubs.
I like them, they look different. You normally see ZS's de-tangoed (orange bit taken out) and they replace the indicator blubs with either chrome bulbs (look nice) or fried eggs (orange bulbs). Blue is unusual and stands out, i like it ;)

Associate
OP
olv said:
what happened to your boot, you can't fit anything in there :o

lol tell me about it.
I have been thinking about buying just 1 10 or 12" sub so i can have some boot space but naaa!
Dont need bootspace and when i have needed to have bootspace (had to take my car shopping) then it only takes about 5 mins to take out the sub box.

Associate
OP
One thing i wanted to ask!
Occasionally i have to take out my sub box if i need the boot space. I just disconnect the speaker cables that go from amp to subs. I also put electrical tape round the ends of them just in case.
Is it necessary to put tape round the ends? What happens if the + and - come in contact? I dont want to blow the fuse in my amp.

Soldato
xcessive said:
The bulbs look blue but they flash an orange colour.

They're the Philips bluevision ones or something like that aren't they?

A friend of mine has them on his Clio. Not to my tastes but better than the orange.

Car looks good though. Would look much better if the indicator bulbs were just clear.

Exhaust is a tad large, but not too OTT. What am I saying, I love big exhausts :D (as long as they're not fitted to a 1.1 or something)

Associate
OP
agw_01 said:
They're the Philips bluevision ones or something like that aren't they?

A friend of mine has them on his Clio. Not to my tastes but better than the orange.

Car looks good though. Would look much better if the indicator bulbs were just clear.

Exhaust is a tad large, but not too OTT. What am I saying, I love big exhausts :D (as long as they're not fitted to a 1.1 or something)

I'm just glad the exhaust is fitted to a car with a respectable engine and not a 1.1 hair dryer!

Associate
OP
The arches have been rolled as well.
I tested this out with the help of 4 friends in the bakc of my car bouncing up and down as i drove along.
The wheels only rubbed as i went over a speed bump:p

Back
Top Bottom