DVD trade in towards a 360

Soldato
Hey all,
My friend got a 360 on friday with PGR3, DoA4 and PD0. Simply put I loved it, PGR3 and DoA4 especially really kept my attention. PD0 not so much simply because i'm used to PC FPS's and the controller was just bugging me :p

Basically it has made me desperate to get one, I still only work part time so money is limited. I have roughly £200 cash so I am definately looking for a core system with PGR3 (since I won't have live to begin with I think PGR will last me longer single player than DoA4). We have a gamestation here and I notice they do DVD's preowned, I have close to 200 but obviously want to trade in as few as possible, does anyone with any idea on how much they give for them know how many I would have to trade in to get what I want.

Bit of an odd question really but I just wanna know if its feasible. Obviously the obvious answer is just wait until next pay day but I have a lot going out of that plus a few birthdays etc so not gonna get much left from that.

Commissario
I suspect it's possible (Blockbusters etc), but you'd have to find a retailer with the 360 in stock and probably end up part exchanging the better part of a thousand pounds worth (at least) of DVD's

Soldato
OP
Not quite sure if u read or I phrased my post incorrectly, but its gamestation and I already have £200. Would I need to trade in the better part of £1000 still for £60 :(

Commissario
Sorry, I didn't see you'd already got £200 towrads it.

you'd probably need to trade in about 10 DVD's to get that last £60 :(

Trade-in's usually get (in my experience) something under half what the DVD's/Games currently sell for new :(
One of the reasons I never trade in these days is because what they give you is usually such a small amount.

Associate
You will be lucky to get £3 per DVD remember nearly all DVDs can now be brought for around £12 online and that is what they base thier tradin prices on 1/4 of the online retail price a friend of mine was a manager at the swindon branch

Maybe try selling you old consoles

Associate
alright mate, I believe I can help you here since I work at Gamestation in Preston :)

As mentioned above the cash value on DVD's are around a 1/4 or less than rrp value (new). DVD's are the one thing that the company dont give very much for as they dont sell as well as everything else, id recommend not bothering at all as you would make hardly any money from selling them there. Pop them on the online auction and I could guarentee you'd make more, hope it helps mate

Soldato
No PC games you could trade in?

You'll need £209 for the core; you should be able to get PGR3 for £30 or so 2nd hand if you look around (£32 from Tesco if you can find it in stock) and a memory card for £18 or so. So you're spot on with being £60 shy.

You can play PGR3 without anything to save onto; but we're getting desperate now.

As people have said; it really isn't good value for money to trade in DVDs.

Anyhow, good luck :)

Soldato
OP
Riiiiiight :D

Going down town today, borrowed some money off my parents which i'm not happy about but saves me wasting my DVD's.

I have £265 in cash, £25 in coppers and silvers (muhaha the bank staff are going to love me) and I am going to take down 25 or so DVD's that I never watch/don't like just in case say a premium is in stock or I see DoA4 pre-owned or something, but I doubt I will trade them if possible.

Wish me luck :)

Soldato
had to sell all 4 of my futurama box sets about 5 months ago cos i needed the cash for my contract desperatly, and gamestation gave me £11 for each!!!! thats about £44 for all 4. i payed £45 for one of the box sets when i originally bought them!

you will only get pennys for your dvd's unfortunitly :(

*really must buy them again...i miss them :(*

Associate
Hope he’s back soon I want to see how this turns out.

I traded 16 original Xbox games for £65 they cost me well over £400 lol

Private sales are better or flebay just put a price you want and it’s that easy if you don’t get what you won’t then just keep it, places that do trades are always going to give you the bottom price so they can make a profit.

Back
Top Bottom