Have you had the"slow agp" on asrock 939 dual board.Or is it peeps who cant set it up

Associate
ASROCK USERS PLEASE "slow agp" on 939 dual board.Myth or set it up woes?

Okay, I wouldnt mind almost, polling the figures. that relate to the so called odd benchmark results some people are having with the asrock dual sata 939 board.I for one have never encountered this on mine with my 6800gt and want to get to the root of the myth.

1. Firstly if you have/had/not this problem?

If yes symptoms please :)

2. It would be good to hear of the different cards that display inconsistant 3d mark results-Ati/Nvidia.

3. If the user has first installed the ULi AGP v3.0 Controller,before installing the graphics driver.

4. What bios youre using.overclocks on ram gpu cpu,if any.

5. If you managed to rectify the situation and stabalise your 3d mark/benchmark results for this problem.And how.

I have a feeling the answer lays soley within the 6600/6800 range of cards,Possibly pipe unlock related or throttling.I dont know.But if people with ati have it too,this would be interesting.

Please keep it specific to user feedback or answers to the topic.Please if it can be kept away from a how to guide for novice asrock users please .

Last edited:
Soldato
I went from a [email protected] to an [email protected] both systems using an X800 XTPE.

It barely matched the P4 in benchmarks. I expected it to destroy it, perhaps a P4 @3.6 isn't so bad for gaming or there was an AGP bottleneck on the Asrock?

I am now using A PCIe 7800GT and benchies are pretty much spot on for this system specs.

Basically I think there is a slight bottleneck with AGP on the Asrock, but who cares, what an amazing mobo for the price!

It's allowed me to make a painless swap over to PCIe and has AM2 support.

Bargain mobo and it is destined to be one of those "classic" mobo's you own over the years. :)

P.S. When I was on AGP, I did a "text book" install of drivers and stuff. I believe (as do others) that this mobo is just a little PCIe biased at the AGP port's expense.

Last edited:
Soldato
UOcUK Poopscoop said:
P.S. When I was on AGP, I did a "text book" install of drivers and stuff. I believe (as do others) that this mobo is just a little PCIe biased at the AGP port's expense.
Yup i've seen mention of this before as well, dont really have any problems on mine, didnt run any comparisons with my previous agp mobo, but it games the way i want it to so im happy, its allowed me to go a64 and pci-e in the future.

Associate
Well no probs here on a clean install, then installed the ULi intergrated drivers then the Nvidia drivers.
as far as 3dmark scores i've only done 03 and my score was over 11500 all at stock whereas my previous system xp2400 @ 2200 would be 10500 ish.
i'm using bios 1.2 with no problems, with a very mild Oc of 2200 just until i get the hang of this Cpu and the ram is @ 220 cas 2.3.3.6 & 1t.

System in sig

Ninja :)

Associate
Score looks pretty low, clock your system up you should be getting 11-12k.

For reference i get 11524 leadtek 6800le 16/6 intel 660 2gig ocz

Back
Top Bottom