Redex - Any use?

Soldato
Just bought a bottle of Redex, because my car is seven years old, I thought it might be a good idea to get some incase my injectors were a bit manky after all that time.

Just curious, has anybody used it and noticed any sort of benefits?

Soldato
I was getting an injector warning a while back. Double shot of redex later and it was ok..... for a while. Admittadely, it didn't do anything as the warning was a result of a dodgey thermostat that I recently changed.

But hey ho, I'm sure I've got cleaner injectors. If you've already got it you may as well stick it in. I wouldn't be expecting a power boost though unless you've actually got a problem. :p

Soldato
Tried it in my K reg 205 ('93), 130k miles or so on it at the time and it didn't make an ounce of difference!

I didn't follow the instructions and instead, I put put too much in. I didn't put the whole botttle in with a full tank of petrol but added some to a quarter of a tank, (some being about a quarter of a bottle). And then repeated the process three times more.

It caused the car to misfire. So, I was actually putting way too much through the injectors and all the various other bits so but still I couldn't notice a difference.

If you're that bothered about your injectors, there are some place that clean them out for you.

Back
Top Bottom