Moblie Speed Guns.

Soldato
hi all

most of you will know about my stupid mistake :( but i have been told by a lot of poeple that mobile speed guns can only be used in day light.

is there any web page on this?? i cant seem to find anything

Soldato
Have you been over to 5ive-o.org and pepipoo.com? They give out a lot of useful advice with regards to speeding prosecutions.

Although I believe being pulled over by the police isn't good in terms of being able to get off lightly :(

Soldato
Phnom_Penh said:
They work by radar. Whats going to stop radar working at night? (yes that's a no).

The large majority of hand held speed guns are laser. Mobile radar is mostly limited to mini-gatso, which is certainly not hand held.

In answer to your question, nothing stops either technology working at night, the main issue is (or rather was) in the recording vehicles number plates which is more difficult at night.

Soldato
Whilst we're on the topic of speed guns...

I've heard that the laser speed gun can't be used when it's raining. Is this true?

Soldato
Dogbreath said:
The large majority of hand held speed guns are laser. Mobile radar is mostly limited to mini-gatso, which is certainly not hand held.
meh, there are plenty of radar speed guns.
Enfield said:
Whilst we're on the topic of speed guns...

I've heard that the laser speed gun can't be used when it's raining. Is this true?
Its possible, it would depend on the amount of rain, but if it's heavy enough, it's likely to confuse the gun. Probably wouldn't work in snow either.

Last edited:
Soldato
Hixxy said:
if it was a laser wouldnt it be harder to aim at a flat surface in the dark?
Dunno, haven't tried, but theres a difference between a fault with the system and a fault with the operator. If the roads got streetlights etc, probably not no, but if its a dark country lane, yes, but then again only a ******* nutcase would be speeding down a country lane in the dark.

Back
Top Bottom