Transfer torrents?

Soldato
I've been using uTorrent but i now want to transfer my currently running and half finished torrents from uTorrents to Azureus.

The thing is, i didn't download the torrent files. I just opened them with uTorrent. Is there any way of switching them over to Azureus?

Can't type for toffee
Don
Azureus has been great for me.

fozzy, have a look in your downloads folder, sometimes the program keeps a backup of the torrent file there.

After that its just a case of dropping the torrent file into azureus and pointing it to DL to the same place and it should auto resume from where you left off.

Nimrod hows it hard to use :confused:

Soldato
OP
~Divine~Wind~ said:
fozzy, have a look in your downloads folder, sometimes the program keeps a backup of the torrent file there.

After that its just a case of dropping the torrent file into azureus and pointing it to DL to the same place and it should auto resume from where you left off.

There's no sign of them anywhere. I've done a full search on my hard drive and noting comes up.

I'll carry on using uTorrent for the time being. Cheers guys. :)

Permabanned
uTorrent saves every torrent file it opens in:
C:\Documents and Settings\<user>\Application Data\uTorrent

Get it from that folder, then open it in Azureus and save the files in the same place as uTorrent was saving them in.

At first I thought you were asking how to switch from Azureus to uTorrent, so I went looking for where Az saves its torrent files. I couldn't find them. Anyone know where Az saves its torrent files?

Associate
-Mighty-Mick- said:
Use Bitcomet its by far the simplist and quickist imo

Give uTorrent a try and you will see that it has all of the features Bitcomet has, is a smaller download, uses less resources and is just as fast (if you haven't already)

Bitcomet is also banned on quite a lot of trackers.

Associate
Azureus is a very intensive bittorrent client. Taking a look in Task Manager, it is using 89,608K mem and 95,625K VM.

If all you want to do is download a few torrents, the bittorrent client is fine. If you care about the maximum upload speed of each indivdual torrent, then perhaps Bitcomet, uTorrent or Azureus is needed. Azureus is definately the the client with the nicest UI that I've tried (I've tried bittorrent, Bitcomet, Azureus and ABC).

Associate
BobMarley said:
At first I thought you were asking how to switch from Azureus to uTorrent, so I went looking for where Az saves its torrent files. I couldn't find them. Anyone know where Az saves its torrent files?

They're in the same directory as the download from the torrent.

Soldato
pretty worthless post here but another uTorrent fan here, I started off using Azureus, then moved to bitcomet but found the lack of cool features slightly annoying, but uTorrent is spot on, just the right amount of gadgets, small download and the new RSS tool is very cool.

Soldato
i tried using uTorrent and the download speed was very poor. I started the same task in both and got 180kb in bit comet and only 4kb in uTorrent - i started these at different times!

Caporegime
Ive tried Utorrent, pretty poor speeds for me also, could'nt get above about 50-60k (on 1mb), been using Azuresus for about 1 month and half, and its brilliant, always get well over 100k, no problems here using it. :)

Back
Top Bottom