Alopecia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Does anyone here suffer from this?

this time last year was stressed at work and I had a nasty fall on my back, and had a big patch of hair on the back of my head fall out.

I was lying on the sofa earlier and my sister said that she could see another patch, so I checked in the mirror, and low and behold the ******* patch has returned, except in a slightly different place. Its quite small atm but like the last one it will probably get bigger.

The thing is, is that I am not too stressed at work and am in reasonably good health. I know that a lot of males go bald, but it is depressing me because it looks stupid and is denting my self condfidence level and I dont know if there is anything I can do about it? It took about 3 months for the last patch to grow back and I really dont want to go through the same **** again. :( :( :mad:

Soldato
Patrick Steward has it and has been voted a sexy bloke by women many times.

I think sooner or later I'm going to go a bit thin on top and when the time comes I'll shave it all off or have what's left v.short, otherwise it just looks silly.

Soldato
OP
Already been done.....its something that cant be helped.....

atm my job couldnt be any less stressful. I work a few hours ot a week and thats it. sometimes I work a couple of weeks with a lot of ot but thats it. I dont take my work home with me....cant think of anything else that can cause it. Got a doc appointment tomorrow anyway.

Permabanned
In university a female friend of mine suffered from alopecia. She used to wear a cycle of hats and head scarfs. Initially it might be a touch of a shock, but anyone who has a shred of personal decenty won't give a hoot. As you've mentioned, male pattern baldness is natural (and if you're bothered, a result of high testosterone ;)) and almost none of your friends should care.

And the grand scheme of things, if alopecia is the only disease you get where your immune system attacks your otherwise healthy body, thank your lucky stars. There are plenty of truely horrible syndroms which do far worse.

I don't know how old you are, but my friend came down with it when she was 15 or 16. Far worse for such a girl than a slightly older man....

Soldato
One of my mate's suffers from this, when we were little we didn't know what the hell it was and came up with all sorts of hypothesis's, he got a lot of stick for it poor guy, he just keeps it shaved now. Job done.

Soldato
panthro said:
Already been done.....its something that cant be helped.....

atm my job couldnt be any less stressful. I work a few hours ot a week and thats it. sometimes I work a couple of weeks with a lot of ot but thats it. I dont take my work home with me....cant think of anything else that can cause it. Got a doc appointment tomorrow anyway.

Psychotherapy?

Soldato
OP
got absoloutely no problems in my life at all.....so havent got a clue. got a good job, nice girlfriend, all my friends and family are well. if the patch gets any bigger i will think of options....i dont think i need any sort of councilling. doc said that it doesnt look like it will get much bigger.
im handling it a lot better than last time!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom