My weekends work is done!

Soldato
At last, some pics of the 205 with my new refurb'd wheels. It took bloody ages, but all the sanding appears to have paid off. I also took a jetwash to the arches and have had them properly resprayed.

Here's the pics:

wheel1.jpg

wheel2.jpg

And this image... is just perverted:

wheel3.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
Not sure about the white wheels. Aren't they supposed to be silver?

I take it you had plenty of white paint left for the arches. Can't see em staying white for long ;)

Looks like you did a good job of it though. Nice mint looking car.

Soldato
OP
Yeah the wheels are supposed to be silver. I wasn't sure about going for white at first, but its grown on me. It'll be easy enough to put them to silver if I need to. All the prep work is done.

The MR2 was sold for my zx6r, which is sadly dead. Back to scratch with the 205 GTI ;) which is arguably a better / more fun car.

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
Looks very nice indeed mate, muchos fun cars :) I think the white rims look great as do the wheel arches, if you can keep them clean!

Soldato
OP
Centre caps on the back to be put on. I forgot to paint them at the same time.

On the wheels I took the paint down until it was smooth to touch all over. I grinded the kerbed parts out of the rim with my Wizard (dremel type tool). Then I primed the wheel with 4 coats. Sanded down lightly, then applied 4 coats of paint. Left overnight and sanded down lightly. Then 3 coats of laquer.

The arches were simply cleaned thouroughly with the jetwash then I gave them 3 coats of primer. I'll wait to see how they last with the primer. I might end up undersealing the arches white.

Back
Top Bottom