Clocking a 4400+

Associate
2.64 is my max stable on air 1.6v 55C load

The CPU isnt the problem to cool, its the chipset and PWmic chip that need cooling because X2 draw more current that single core CPUs

Associate
OP
im intending to use the Tai-Chi case or just get the BigWater SE cooling kit, im not really bothered about noise so i will be filling the case with high powered fans

Associate
Well should be ok.

If chipset gets too warm there is always the zalman heatsink, but beacuse of the design of the DFI ultra D if you have a large GPU, which im guessing you will have in a system like that you will need to bend back the fins to fit it in.

Also if you got some ram sinks stick one of the PWmic chip, its to the right of the DIMMs and just next to the ATX 24 pin socket. Thats what will heat up unless you have a fan on it when clocking.

Associate
OP
thankyou mattio

heres what mine will be

AMD Athlon 64 X2 4400+
DFI LanParty ULTRA-D
Mushkin 2GB DDR HP3200 EP
PowerColor ATI 1900XT
Western Digital Caviar SE 200GB
Thermaltake Water-Cooled Tai-Chi
Hiper Type R 580W

i see your using the same case, that gives me a good idea of what my limits will be. how do you rate this case and its water cooling kit

any advise on a water block for the 1900XT, or should i leave it air cooled

Last edited:
Soldato
2.65 watercooled for me but I think a little more (maybe 2.7/2.8) might be possible if I ever get my dfi board up and running to deliver a bit more voltage to it.

Associate
hi the case is good but does need some modding i would start by replacing the 1400 rpm fans of the rad get a new pump ,upgrading the piping to 10mm the rad it's self works very well i run

cpu

gpu

mosfet

northbridge

all on one loop through a passive rad halfway through the loop then back into the mosfet have a 400lph passive pump works realy good for me

Associate
OP
im new to water cooling could you put me some parts and prices toghether on what u advise i mod, if u cant post them (due to rules) please email them

would be greatly appreciated

Xionic

Associate
not a prob

i will put it together from parts that ocuk sell then you can look around at prices

2xAkasa AK-170CB-4BLS Crystal 4x Blue LED Fan these are very quite and 2500 rpm £6 each =£12 to replace the rad ones

for the pump i will give u the modle number then u can google it

12V XSPC X2O Pump/Reservoir 400lph £29.99 to replace pump as it is a pile of poo the one u get

and some 10mm pipe will make it better about 2 meters £4

thats about it realy

also cant remember what fittings u get with the tai-chi think u get some 10mm ones

Last edited:
Soldato
Why not just get something like an akasa eclipse/antec p180/any lian li and go fully custom with the watercooling? Then you could get proper 1/2" tubing and have free reign on the kit.. just get a full swiftech kit or swiftech pump/danger den gpu block etc?

You seem to be limiting yourself with this case I'd call no more than reasonable?

Soldato
Xionic said:
thanx

what about a VGA block? for the 1900XT any advise

dangerden maze 4 or x18 if you're girly and want the ram cooled..

I would suggest you look at something like this..

120.2 rad (+1/2" ID barbs and don;t forget ptfe tape on the barbs)
swiftech apogee waterblock (or storm if you can get it)
dangerden maze 4 gpu block (+ramsinks if you fancy although not necessary)
swiftech mcp655 pump (mcp355 if space is an issue)
fillport or res as required, any res (tankomatic/5.25 bayres etc)
1/2" xspc tubing (almost as good as tygon and a LOT cheaper)
worm drive clamps
any fans you like x 2

I would have issues with any of the swiftech push fit stuff, heard too much about them failing/not fitting your exact size of tube, I like tightening a worm drive clamp until I can;t tighten it any more.. that way you know you'll have no leaks.

Associate
I can get 2.6 on 1.525 volts. Will boot at 2.8 but needs 1.575 volts and max load was 55c which is too hot for me. waiting for water cooling to push 2.8 24/7.

Back
Top Bottom