Another relationship woe

Associate
Im sorry to make this forum into a relationship forum but i feel i have to get things of my chest.

i've been with my girlfriend for 3 and a half years and recently things have been going steadily down hill. now its got to the stage where she is my best friend in the world but i honestly don't know i feel anything more than that anymore. I've been chatting to a few friends who are trying to help me unravel my mind but it just seems to be making it worse. i don't understand why it feels so right to end it yet i feel so crap now it is coming to an end. someone said if you had the chance would you sleep with someone else and my instant answer is yes, which flags alarm bells in my head because i would and that doesn't bode well for any relationship. i just don't feel she is right for me i don't seem to enjoy being her boyfriend yet we have had so many good times together and its going to leave a massive hole in my life. together with the fact that i can't stand the thought of her being with someone else but im not sure if that is just possesiveness.

sorry to blubber on im just trying to understand my feelings. why is this the hardest thing to try and understand.

Caporegime
You need to talk to her, dragging it on and eventually she will see you are acting differently. And god forbid, if there is some situation that arise and you do sleep with someone else while you 2 are still together. What might be a good break up will turn into WW3 between you 2.

Associate
OP
finally did it, can't say it feels good, just wierd. wierd in the fact that neither of us seem that bothered.
just sittin here before going out and drinkin my self silly realising what a big whole there is gonna be in my life, bit depressing.

Soldato
Mattius, hold your head up high - you've not dug yourself into the biggest hole you'll never get out of - well done.

If you still feel the need to talk to her, that's fine as she'll feel the same - as you said there will be a big gap to fill where you both were together. Through this realisation time you'll realise you've done the right thing, if you said you felt how you felt. Go out with your mates, they'll be great. You'll be sorted man! :) :)

Last edited:
Soldato
You've probably done the best thing for both of you, if you feel like you'd happily sleep with someone else it's been long gone. And there's no reason you can't stay friends, but i doubt you'd be able to pull off being good/close friends without falling into the trap of people who split up, stay good friends and end up sleeping together again

Back
Top Bottom