my brother-in-laws quail's are hatching!

Associate
my brother in law is hatching his first set of quails, ive been at work so havent had any time to post, but now i can, they must have started early this morning.

so far only 3 have hatched, but theres still PLENTY more waiting lol

anyway, the reason why he has quails is because he is going to breed them, and then feed them to his bird's of prey

1 Eagle, 2 Falcons, 4 hawks.

some pics (sorry for the horrid quality was taken on my phone, will get some with the proper digital camera later :) )

Man of Honour
marcus25 said:
anyway, the reason why he has quails is because he is going to breed them, and then feed them to his bird's of prey

1 Eagle, 2 Falcons, 4 hawks.

Now that's a video I wanna see!! :D

Anybody remember that really cool video (I think it was German) where a guy feeds a white mouse to his pet tarantula?

Man of Honour
Whoah, that's quite cool!

Btw...

roofels.jpg

:D

Associate
OP
will still be a while yet i think before he starts feeding them to the birds, needs to get more laid and hatched then he'll set the beasts loose :) the eagle is one impressive bird, told me to stand back when he brought it out to show me otherwise it would have went for my eyes

Soldato
Aod said:
Awww, sweet. what are you going to do with them?

Quails are very tasty btw.

read the opening post!

thats quite a cool collection of birds of prey, how did he get hold of them are they rescue animals?

Associate
marcus25 said:
snip
the eagle is one impressive bird, told me to stand back when he brought it out to show me otherwise it would have went for my eyes

I find that quote to be quite worng , I have flown to hand russian steps eagle 6 foot six inch wingspan , harris hawks by the score , to many owls to mention. non have shown any tendedcy to do that. shure the get a strop on sometimes ( dont we all )

there is no need to feed them on quail , after wieghing each day there food intack is adjusted to keep the flying wieght correct , all the the raptors where fed on rats( dead) and beef

Associate
OP
lordedmond said:
I find that quote to be quite worng , I have flown to hand russian steps eagle 6 foot six inch wingspan , harris hawks by the score , to many owls to mention. non have shown any tendedcy to do that. shure the get a strop on sometimes ( dont we all )

there is no need to feed them on quail , after wieghing each day there food intack is adjusted to keep the flying wieght correct , all the the raptors where fed on rats( dead) and beef

i think he got the eagle from another owner who didnt take care of it very well, so its very wary of other people, same as a hawk he had before, the previous owner treated it very badly and then one day it flipped out and ripped the head clean off of a £500 falcon he got just a few days before.

he wasnt amused, and sold it to a bird of prey center to be cared for. got about £400 for it so really only £100 down

at the moment he's feeding them mice, not sure why hes going to feed them quail, i guess just something different, allow him to get more experience breeding whilst keeps his birds well fed.

not sure wether hes gonna take the quails out live when he goes hunting with the birds, and just let the quails go and allow the birds to catch them.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom