Rear wash wipe jet blocked.

Associate
Ever since i got my rover 214 in november the rear wash wipe has not worked and now im looking at fixing it!

If i flick the switch to spray the back window you can hear the pump but no water comes out.

Is it an easy enough problem for me to fix?

Zip

Zip

Soldato
Ahh theres your problem.
I was just joking too :D
In most cars ive filled up, there is another seperate tank for the rear washer in a small compartment in the back of the car :)

Edit: if u cant find it take a photo and ill point u to the right dirrection as all cars are different but ill show u all the spots they hide it.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
I knew you were but still!

Shows i know absolutly FA about cars, or i wouldnt have bought a rover, (sorry everyone!)

Ill check it first thing in the morning, can any rover fans let me know where it would be in a '98 rover 214?

Associate
OP
Zip said:
Ahh theres your problem.
I was just joking too :D
In most cars ive filled up, there is another seperate tank for the rear washer in a small compartment in the back of the car :)

Edit: if u cant find it take a photo and ill point u to the right dirrection as all cars are different but ill show u all the spots they hide it.

Ill take a pic tomorrow, its nearly 4am now :rolleyes:

Zip

Zip

Soldato
It should be in a small compartment behind the back lights i think or just to the side.
Is it a wagon/estate or a saloon?

Associate
OP
r20025_06.jpg

Hatchback, same as in the picture.

Zip

Zip

Soldato
Yeah it should be around the brake light i think (i have a Subaru, not too sure if it would be the same). U dont take the brake light out though, U enter it from behind from the inside the car. there are many little cavertys in the back of cars like that and they are pretty east to recignise.
Its a nice little car u have there andy :)

Soldato
The rear ones have a habit of gunking up... mine squirts out a little bit, onto my spoiler and then drips down onto my window... great :rolleyes:

On the Mk3's, I think what happens, is the pipe gets trapped between the tailgate and splits, so the water simply runs down the sides of the boot and drains onto the floor.

Soldato
andy2k said:
can any rover fans let me know where it would be in a '98 rover 214?

I'm no Rover fan, but I have the same issue in the same car (98 216SLi)... Haven't done anything about it yet though.

The jet is integrated in the rear wiper and squirts up.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Sorted it everyone,

FYI it was where the cable comes along the roof then into the boot door. It had got caught in there and split the cable, so i cut the cable and put a joiner in.

You could see it had been repaired in the same area at least twice before from the old selotape and different water pipe!

Sorted now anyway, thanks for all your help.

Associate
OP
agw_01 said:
The rear ones have a habit of gunking up... mine squirts out a little bit, onto my spoiler and then drips down onto my window... great :rolleyes:

On the Mk3's, I think what happens, is the pipe gets trapped between the tailgate and splits, so the water simply runs down the sides of the boot and drains onto the floor.

Yep thats exactly what had happened, thanks a lot for suggesting it.

Back
Top Bottom