January Landscapes..mainly (Jamaica. 56k!)

I have just a week ago been to Jamaica. I did take my camera along as I expected to go out around Jamaica, I didnt really. Just stayed at the all inclusive resort :p

So I guess these are my pictures (maybe not what you would imagine from a holiday but Its hard to enjoy a break away when you have an expenisve and delicate camera to lug around with you)

These are mainly shots taken during sundown at about 4pm/6pm and were all hand held at quite low shutter speeds.
I couldnt find a mini tripod to take with me, so bummer.
but I tried my best. Hope you enjoy them.

Image 1:
Titled -Silenced Watersports

09.jpg

Image 1 Exifs:
TV 0.3s AV F6.3 ISO100 17mm

Image 2:
Titled -Water riding on a tank of fuel

13.jpg

Image 2 Exifs:
TV 1.60s AV F8 ISO100 400mm

Image 3:
Titled -Stepping stones to the heavens

10.jpg

Image 3 Exifs:
TV 1.6s AV F6.3 ISO100 17mm

Image 4:
Titled -Sunset Jamaica Grande

11.jpg

Image 4 Exifs:
TV 1.0s AV F4 ISO100 17mm

Image 5:
Titled -Ticket to the sunset

12.jpg

Image 5 Exifs:
TV 0.3s AV F4 ISO400 17mm

Last edited:
Image 6:
Titled -Coolrunnings to Paradise

01.jpg

Image 6 Exifs:
TV 1.4s AV F6.3 ISO100 17mm

Image 7:
Titled -The future of my dreams

02.jpg

Image 7 Exifs:
TV 1.4s AV F18 ISO100 17mm

Image 8:
Titled -Only one at the beach

03.jpg

Image 8 Exifs:
TV 1.3s AV F4 ISO 100 17mm

Image 9:
Titled -Out of the water window

04.jpg

Image 9 Exifs:
TV 1.0S AVF4 ISO100 27mm

Image 10:
Titled -Paradise Lady

05.jpg

Image 10 Exifs:
TV 1.125s AV F8 ISO100 390mm

Image 11:
Titled -Waiting to be rescued

06.jpg

Image 11 Exifs:
TV 1.200s AV F8 ISO100 40mm

Image 12:
Titled -Saying Goodbye

07.jpg

Image 12 Exifs:
TV 1.160s AV F8 ISO100 17mm

Image 13:
Titled -At peace with nature

08.jpg

Image 12 Exifs:
TV 1.25s AV F8 ISO100 36mm

Hope you enjoyed them all. The rest can be found on my DA page. "Deviant ART Page"
Johnny.

Last edited:
Soldato
Hmm. Sorry mate but they're too over processed for my tastes. The shadows are blown out loosing a lot of detail in the shots. The composition on some is great and the scenery could be good with less extreme processing.

cyKey said:
Hmm. Sorry mate but they're too over processed for my tastes. The shadows are blown out loosing a lot of detail in the shots. The composition on some is great and the scenery could be good with less extreme processing.
do ya think ? I personally like them. See where your coming from. Just tried to make generally boring shots into something more funky.

Associate
i like 1 2 and 6 dispite having to agree on the overprocessing point as some make me feel sick to look at! i dont think my eyes can decypher them doh!

what camera/lens set were you using.

good work though and thanks for sharing.

Associate
:D

stuff like this will split people down the middle. You either love it, or you hate it.

Personally I think that's a lot braver than just having a bunch of shots that everyone will be able to say "yeah it's OK" to.

I absolutely adore these, very nice hi-key effect.

cmt

cmt

Suspended
very surreal - like em :)

Just goes to show you dont need exciting scenary to make a good picture.

I think this is the difference between a 'Picture' and a 'Photo' for me. A Photo is a moment in time that is captured to film (digital or wet), and a picture is a processed photo that adds to the original idea to give it that little extra something - just like these.

I think the reason some people dont like them is that they are looking at them from a technical point of view, and yes the highlights are blown out on some of them and yes they are a bit soft, But as 'pictures' they are fantastic, with a dreamy surreal feel to them.

Edit........ To me they are no more 'overprocessed' than a picture that is taked at extreme wide angle, thus distorting the perspective (OOHHH!, bit topical there!!), 'omo'd or purposely put into black and white to add impact. They are all ok in the right circumstance.
I'll shut up now :D

cmt

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom