Router for One.tel access- A bad start to Sunday

Associate
Howdy folks,

Trying to set-up wireless broadband with the Linksys Wireless G ADSL home gateway, on a One.tel connection.

One.tel seem hopeless - the default router settings don't work, and i can't find any detail of the parameters from One.tel.

Anyone know if it is PPOe/A etc?

Really stuck here!

Cheers

Crawf

Associate
OP
It says in the Linksys guide that if you have to enter a password and username to access the internet each time you start it is PPPoE....

Aside from which the wizard thing now says that it is unable to configure the router.

Great

Associate
Can you configure it manually? In most cases the modem defaults are fine, if not then the only real settings you should need are:

PPPoA
VPI: 0
VCI: 38

Caporegime
Crawford said:
It says in the Linksys guide that if you have to enter a password and username to access the internet each time you start it is PPPoE....

It's wrong then, or something...

Use the web interface, wizards are a waste of time.

Caporegime
Last edited:
Associate
PPPoE is pretty much only used for cable. Even Cable isn't strictly PPPoE but the setting used it PPPoE. The wizard probably doesn't work because it has asked you to/ you have manually set a config password. Reset the router to default (hardware reset) and set it up manually from scratch.

Associate
No idea why I am using PPPoE router wizard detected that as my connection and I guess I have left it as that, I don't get any problems with speed.

I should probably change it to PPPoA i guess! :redface:

aaazza

Associate
OP
Cheers Chaps

I cant get to the web interface as the PC, one my old man got from work, has a password.

Seemingly not the same as the one used for accessing the internet normally, or logging on windows.

Leaves me with only the wizard route.

Associate
Crawford said:
Cheers Chaps

I cant get to the web interface as the PC, one my old man got from work, has a password.

Seemingly not the same as the one used for accessing the internet normally, or logging on windows.

Leaves me with only the wizard route.

That wouldn't be the password box which pops up when you type in the address of the router now would it?

Back
Top Bottom