Excuses for calling in Sick

Soldato
A mate of mine at work didnt turn in until the wednesday after supposedly being in from monday..

he said he had bother sleeping and took some sleeping tablets on the sunday. He powernapped through til tuesday afternoon :D haha i thought that was a classic.

mine is normally the squits or summin :)

what kinda things have u heard or done?

Soldato
I had a guy tell me that his dog died. I knew he was talking crap because he's allergic to just about everything, dogs especially. I confronted him when he came back to work and he admitted he had lied. I accepted his resignation.

(Edit - There is more to him resigning than just this, but it was the end of the line as far as I was concerned)

Sic

Sic

Soldato
you'll get a lot of people here who disapprove of throwing sickies.

my company has a really strict sickness policy, so i dont do it anymore.

Soldato
I work with fresh food so if i call in with the squits they cant let me work because of the contamination risk. I have only rung in sick once and I was bed ridden that day anyway, i never call in sick if i'm not ill.

Soldato
One guy in my work just walked out of work and when the supervisor chased him down he said he was leaving as he thinks his stomach ulcer just burst.

I'm sure he'd know if it did or not. Anyway he came in the next day fine.

Soldato
The story makes a good point though about the long hours people in Britain work compared to the rest of Europe. No wonder we have such a popular "bing drinking" culture when we have to put up with that.

February seems to be a good time for having a new bank holiday as everyone seems to be so miserable with winter and the Easter holiday being a long time away.

Last edited:
Soldato
I can't call in sick as I work for myself :mad:

If I found out one of my employees called in sick and they were OK, then they'd be shown the door. You either want to work here or not as far as I'm concerned.

Genuine illness is another matter.

Associate
Heard something on GMTV about this earlier. Apparently there is a list somewhere with excuses on and on this list is the excuse that somebody couldn't go into work as "their shoelaces had knotted and they couldn't undo them" :eek:

Back
Top Bottom