• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Good Waterblock for the X1900

Soldato
Hi,
My basic Reserator GPU waterblock isn't man enough for the job after the X1900 hit 72'c last night while playing Wow and it wasn't even overclocked. The CPU temp maintained about 52'c but you could actually hear the GPU waterblock making squeaking/ticking noises. So I'm after a good block to take that nasty heat away, anyone recommend a good block ? I have a maze 3 block but I'm not happy with the mounting only using 2 bolts. Would prefer all 4 holes being used.

Soldato
I have not tryed it myself..But you could have a look at the

Alphacool NexXxoS ATI X1800XL/XT/XT PE Graphics Card Cooler (WC-007-AC)

Alphacool_NVXP3ATI.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
i thought the ATI had a max temp of about 105*C

but as above i am also getting this card and want to know a good water block to go with the tai-chi water-cooled case

so advise would be great

Associate
Temps on the 1900 do seem high ( 72decC is about the coolest I've seen - lol ) overall so in that respect I don't think you have a problem. However it makes sense to make best use of your water cooling so changing block if you feel yours isn't up to the job is a good idea.

Soldato
The Alphacool block looks nice but also looks like it would be very restrictive. When i get my card im just gonna put my dd maze4 gpu block on it. has been keeping my x850xt at 35c load when clocked at 610mhz so should be sufficient :)

Back
Top Bottom