Cool - Evil Universe Enterprise Episode :)

Soldato
puppy said:
lol the Captain's dog, 'Porthos' is a big evil rottweiler :D

I have absolutely no idea why, but when I read that, I couldn't help but imagine Picard saying it as if he was saying "Captains Log, Star Date...". I'm odd like that :confused: :p .

Associate
OP
I dunno, all the ways they've done it since the original series alternative universe episode have been good - particularly the DS9 one where the rebels steal the Defiant specs... one of the Star Trek PC games (was it the one of the Voyager fps's?) had a holodeck section set in the alternative universe, TOS era - that was good :)

Soldato
I didnt like the last episode of enterprise. It was more like a TNG episode. I wont say no more as it isnt on C4 for a few more weeks and dont want to spoil it for them who havent seen it

Soldato
it was the first Elite Forces game, when the ship is trapped in that rift place, one of the ships also trapped there is a terran emperial ship from the TOS mirror universe.

The trilogy of books by William Shatner on the mirror universe are very good too. They even explain at which point the universes diverged. Although thats blown out of context by the start of this Enterprise episode as there the terran empire is shown as existing as an evil entity from way back in the history of earth and in the books it's explained as starting at the time of first contact.

Soldato
Lopéz said:
The 4th was alright, I enjoyed Brent Spiners cheesy cameos - but it wasn't a patch on Season 3. I really did enjoy that.

It just thats what the cameos really looked like to me. Pure cheese! It just seemed like they were running out of ideas and thought oh I know i'll bring in Brent Spiner.

I couldn't stand the whole Augment section of that season. Their costumes just seemed like an 80's TV show to me for some reason. Also it seemed like they tried to clean up the mistake of going back to WWII pretty quickly. Should have lasted longer than two episodes that story.

Man of Honour
me227 said:
It just thats what the cameos really looked like to me. Pure cheese! It just seemed like they were running out of ideas and thought oh I know i'll bring in Brent Spiner.
It wasn't out of desperation, it was another tie-in. Those who know their Trek history will remember the augment episode from TOS (not to mention the Wrath of Khan), where it was stated that a Dr. Soong was responsible. Since Dr. Noonien Soong was played by Brent Spiner in TNG, it made good sense for him to play Arik.

I'm in complete agreement that S4 was somewhat lacking compared to S3, but the TV execs must take a lot of the blame for that after almost canning Enterprise at the end of S3.

Of course, the really lame episode was the whole Riker thing at the end. That's no way to finish a Trek series. :(

Soldato
Berserker said:
It wasn't out of desperation, it was another tie-in. Those who know their Trek history will remember the augment episode from TOS (not to mention the Wrath of Khan), where it was stated that a Dr. Soong was responsible. Since Dr. Noonien Soong was played by Brent Spiner in TNG, it made good sense for him to play Arik.

I know what you mean about it tying in. Just seems like they could have protrayed the story a bit better. And those Augments just annoyed me!

Back
Top Bottom