Dell 2405FPW & 9 In 1 Card Reader

Associate
I have a Dell 2405FPW and the thing that annoys me is whenever I put my memory stick for my mobile into the 9 in 1 card reader it doesn’t even auto load nor when I got to my computer and double click the appropriate disk drive it freezes and my computer wont respond. I’m utterly confused, my system doesn’t freeze on anything else, do I need drivers for this monitor or something??

Any ideas guys thanks.

:confused:

Man of Honour
wouldnt hurt to install the monitor driver from Dell. Have you tried any other cards? might just not like that particular card?

Associate
OP
From the first time i put the card in...I will try another type...although i dont think i got one.

It's a SanDisk (MemoryStickPRODuo) 512mb card and it just doesn't want to open, it just holds up my whole computer...I end up taking the card out and Control Alt-Deleting and ending "My Computer" from the process list.

That it take about 5-10 minutes to have everything up and running again smoothly

I dunno. :rolleyes:

Man of Honour
I can't remember if the Pro Duo is one of the cards that needs an adaptor/holder for inserting into a regular Memory Stick slot, but I think it is. If so, are you using it?

I've had similar with readers that were not MS Pro compatible, but the Dell specs say it is. :confused:

Associate
OP
My Dell 2405FPW & 9 In 1 Card Reader is still causing me issues, I’ve downloaded the official drivers from the Dell site for my particular model. It installed itself correctly and everything seemed fine! I restarted my PC and to my surprise all my graphics drivers were gone, including my ForceWare drivers…the resolution had set itself to 800 x 600 and well it completely messed up my SLI system. I rolled back the drivers for the monitor, and reinstalled the ForceWare drivers from my graphics card CD. All seemed fine, so I restarted…it booted into windows, but I couldn’t see a thing, the resolution wasn’t set and all there was were lines across the screen, I could tell when a window or my mouse was moved because it’ll cause disruptions in the lines on the screen, so I went by memory to the properties control panel, and then to the display tab to change my current settings from 32bit to 16bit, and then lower the resolution back down to 800 x 600, it had for some reason set it’s self extremely high, even too high for the Dell.

Everything I had that related to my graphics drives were corrupted and my SLI wouldn’t work regardless of what I did.

In the end I had to reinstall windows…and this is not what you want when updating drivers from Dell really is it???

Is pathetic, I can guarantee it’s down to the drivers from Dell, because I installed them on another SLI system of mine and the same god damn error and corruptions occurred.

Oh and nothing has solved my 9 In 1 card reading issue…lol pulling my hair out “HELP” :confused: :( :mad:

Last edited:
Soldato
I have two card readers at home. A standalone USB 2.0 one and the one built in to my CX6400 printer. If I use the standalone, it works fine if you put the card in and then turn the computer on but for some reason if you put it in after Windows has loaded it won't work.
The Epson CX6400 is the complete opposite. It seems to work absolutely fine regardless.

Back
Top Bottom