Anyone got a Glass's Guide?

Associate
My car has been shunted in a car park and some damage has been done, as I mentioned in an earlier thread. Turns out it probably caused another fault relating to the exhaust so the costs are mounting. I need to find out what the value of the car is so I can see if an insurance claim will write the car off.

To this end, has anyone got an up to date Glass's Guide that can look up a '91 H reg BMW 325i SE Saloon, 170,000 miles.

Caporegime
Badgerpoo said:
My car has been shunted in a car park and some damage has been done, as I mentioned in an earlier thread. Turns out it probably caused another fault relating to the exhaust so the costs are mounting. I need to find out what the value of the car is so I can see if an insurance claim will write the car off.

To this end, has anyone got an up to date Glass's Guide that can look up a '91 H reg BMW 325i SE Saloon, 170,000 miles.

£800 if your VERY lucky, sorry mate, but, that'll be a write off I'm sure.

(No, I don't have a guide, I do have a mate who's just lost a '92 J reg 325i with 167,000miles via an accident, he was offered £600 and eventually settled on £800 hence my price.)

Caporegime
[DOD]Asprilla said:
According to www.parkers.co.uk:

At average 120k miles £1660 for a private sale, £2145 for an independent dealer and £2310 for a franchise. You'll have to take £530 off for the extra milage though.

In my (limited) experience,Parkers & Glasses are at opposite ends of the accurate valuation scale imo, in Glasses favour.

But hey, if you get around £1k, your laughing I'd say! I hope you do mate. :)

Caporegime
A '91 325i with 170k won't appear in Glasses I'd guess because to the average trader, effectively, its worthless.

Such a car back in the days when I sold them, were known as "rippers" and we sent them straight to the local auction, or, sold them to the local "Arthur Daleys" for peanuts.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
What I need to know is how much its worth in the eyes of the insurance company. I think £1660 is a little optomistic, considering I paid £1500 2 years ago :p

Looks like it needs a new bumper fitted and sprayed. Also needs a sensor on the exhaust that has suddenly been totalled since the accident causing the car to run really really bad. If genuine parts are used (And I would insist they were) that would come to about £550-600 to sort. Do you think they would simply fix it up or offer to write if off?

Back
Top Bottom